One of the top rated word games for the iPhone!
148Apps.com gives it a 5 out of 5 - "WordJong offers just enough of an addiction level that you will certainly feel the need to visit it day after day as it suggests"
Fingergaming.com gives a 5 out of 5 - “The App Store may be flooded with word-based puzzlers, but this one is definitely worth your time.”
Appcraver.com gives it an 8 out of 10 – “Put this one on your iPhone or iPod touch and leave it there. You’re going to be using it — a lot.”
Find out for yourself what Nintendo Wii, DS, and PC users have been raving about!
WordJong Daily Challenge features simple, yet engrossing game play. Use a set of lettered tiles to create words and complete Mahjong solitaire puzzles. Shoot for high-scoring words, earn gold coins and bomb power-ups, and attempt to clear the board with no leftover letters.
- Unlimited Play: Each day brings the fresh challenge of a new, unique puzzle! Completed today’s puzzle? Pick a previous day on the calendar to play or replay any of the hundreds of other puzzles available!
- Zodiac Characters: Try to beat the scores of the WordJong Masters! Each of the seven characters has his or her own personality and play style, representing a different difficulty level ranging from easy (the Rabbit) to hard (the Dragon).
- High Score Tracking: Compare your daily high scores with friends and family!
- Awards: Complete 9 challenges to earn a beautiful butterfly collection!
This app has been updated by Apple to display the Apple Watch app icon.
- Bug Fixes
Ratings and Reviews
Loved this game for years
I’ve been playing word jong since I was a kid and downloading this app definitely took me down memory lane. I’m in love with the unique style and challenges of the game but I would love if they added a few new features. It would be nice to look back at the completed puzzles and see the original score of the challenger and look at the list of words spelled.
It would also be cool if we could play online against other players scores to make the game more interactive and fresh. The game is honestly amazing and relaxing to play but with a few new updates and features to keep it fresh It would be that much more incredible.
Great Game, Great Service
I have played WordJong for several years and it is a part of my daily routine. I just got an iPhone X and could not figure how to close the app after a game without a “home” button. It doesn’t swivel when the phone is moved from horizontal to vertical as do many other apps. I couldn’t figure out how to close the app and contacted their Support. They got right back to me and taught me about the “grey bar” that I can swipe from the bottom in either view. Thanks, Gameblend, for your game, for your Support, and for teaching me something about my new iPhone!
Choose a previous date
I love this game! Have been playing for years, since before phones, when I played on my Gameboy. I’d like to make a request, though. I have to scroll back month-by-month to get to a game I haven’t played. Would you consider an open field into which a month and year could be searched?
The developer, Gameblend Studios, has not provided details about its privacy practices and handling of data to Apple.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Gameblend Studios, LLC
- 30.1 MB
- Requires iOS 7.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 7.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2017 Gameblend Studios, LLC
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.