Words I Say is a simple and intuitive application that allows parents or caregivers to track the words said by a child, along with how each word was pronounced and when.
Parents and caregivers will get a simple list of words, displayed in the order they first appeared in the child’s vocabulary. Since a single word will often evolve and be said differently at different time, the app will also keep track of those changes and display them for the parent and caregiver to see the progress.
Proud parents will be able to share their child’s accomplishments, and new words with a one click process to post any new word on the parent’s Facebook page.
- Keep a list at your fingertips to note new words as soon as you hear them; no more forgetting to mark them down on your calendar when you get home from an outing.
- Keep track of all the variations in pronunciation for all those words so you can see the progress of your child’s language.
- Quickly share the news on Facebook with your friends with a one tap process, although you can customize the message however way you want.
- Edit any entry, at any time; you can change the spelling, the date, etc.
- See the total number of words in your child’s vocabulary at a glance
- Keep track of the vocabulary development of more than one child: perfect for twins, or caregivers caring for several children.
- Add a photo to the child’s profile; again, perfect for multiple children.
- Even with an English interface, you can enter names and words in any language supported by your device.
Parents and caregivers can use this app to track the child’s vocabulary, whether he has language delays or is developing without any problem.
A great tool to help fill out those written baby books and also to help parents answer questions from a speech-language pathologist in case an assessment is needed.
- Compatible with iOS 11+
- Online data storage
- User authentication
- Fresh layouts
- Performance increased
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Love this app, would love to see an update so it would work again!
Mom of special needs kids says "YES!"
This new app is helping me track my kids' words as they progress through speech therapy! Wish I had this when they were just starting to verbalize but it's never to late to receive this help! Great for therapists too. And it's not just for kids with special needs. Moms who want to remember at what age their child started saying different words (with the history and progression of different pronunciations tracked too) will love this tool. And you can share your child's new words on Facebook, if you want to share their development with long distance family and friends.
Simple and easy
This is different than so many of the 'first words' apps, in that it's simple to use, and easy to edit variations on the words. For those of us who want to keep track of milestones, this will make it so much easier to fill in that baby book! I wish I'd had this for my first child, I missed writing down so many new words, they happen so fast. For a busy parent or a thoughtful care provider, this will be a huge help.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Carole Asselin
- 13.2 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2014Carole
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.