WordUp is the easiest way to learn English words and understand them deeply, with entertaining examples from movies, songs, famous quotes and more. It is unlike any vocabulary builder app you've seen before!
Here at WordUp, we know that no one knows every English word in the dictionary, including you...and that’s completely fine! But how good would it feel knowing that you know most if not all of the many important and more frequently used words?
WordUp’s revolutionary approach to learning new English words and expanding your vocabulary will leave you feeling confident in any scenario. Whether you are native English speaker or your English just needs some work, WordUp can identify which important words you don’t know and give you fun and engaging tools to learn them.
Our scientifically proven method of space repetition will teach you worthwhile and frequently used words as well as focus on one word at a time, aiding long term retention and focus only on you and your progress.
It works based on 4 simple steps:
1. Assess yourself
2. Discover which words you don't know
3 .Learn words in order of importance
4. Learn words in the correct context
WordUp can be utilised by everyone and there are many reasons why, below are some examples how:
- Native English speakers - to generally improve your vocabulary and knowledge of words
- Non native English speakers - to learn english from scratch and expand your horizons
- English teachers - a classroom tool or form of AFL
- Employer - a way to improve communication skills at work
- Government officials - standardize language skills, irrespective of role or department
- Students - to help prep for a IELTS or TOEFL exam
How can WordUp Benefit you:
- Improve your general quality of life
- Optimize career opportunities and widen job searches
- Allow you to engage more comfortably in intellectual conversations
- Expand your vocabulary in a fun and engaging way
- Strengthen the communication and bond in a relationship formed with a -language barrier (break language barriers)
- Allow you to teach family and friends the greatest skill, communication
Bug fixes and performance improvements
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
So pleased with this app
I've subscribed to "Word Of The Day" emails. I've looked up words I don't know. None of that helps me retain. This app however has changed my life (and my vocabulary.) The simple action of allowing me to see the words the next day, and then the next, until I remember it, is the trick. And when I remember it, it shows it to me again in 3 days, 7 days, 30 days, etc., so I never forget it. Plus with the paid version, between those intervals, I can play simple games which keep the words at the forefront of my mind. And I keep bringing in new words to learn entirely at my own pace. Simple and brilliant and life changing. I look forward every day to incorporating my new words into every day conversation.
Developer Response ,
Thanks for your kind words. It's our pleasure to be able to make a difference! :)
I have never written a review for an app. Hopefully you will find my review to be helpful. I am extremely satisfied with Word Up and I found it profoundly useful with excellent customer service. I suggested to add the synonym for each vocabulary and it was updated the next day. I am impressed with their ability to resolve my request promptly. It’s been a few weeks since I downloaded the app. I tested a few days than I decided to purchase the full year version to get more functionalities out of it. It’s fun, it’s interesting and more importantly I am learning new words everyday! I would recommend this app to anyone who wants to improve their vocabulary. Keep up the good work!!!
This is the best app for learning words that I’ve seen, and it can be better if you improve the push notifications system. For example, when I say to the app that reminds me this word tomorrow, I expect that tomorrow I get a notification for that word, or even better if that notification reminds me of all the words that I should review.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Geeks ltd
- 288.5 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- © Geeks Ltd 2020
- In-App Purchases
- WordUp Essential - 12 months $15.49
- 3 months subscription $7.49
- 1 month's subscription $3.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.