WordUp is the easiest way to learn English words and understand them deeply, with entertaining examples from movies, songs, famous quotes and more. It is unlike any vocabulary builder app you've seen before!
Here at WordUp, we know that no one knows every English word in the dictionary, including you...and that’s completely fine! But how good would it feel knowing that you know most if not all of the many important and more frequently used words?
WordUp’s revolutionary approach to learning new English words and expanding your vocabulary will leave you feeling confident in any scenario. Whether you are native English speaker or your English just needs some work, WordUp can identify which important words you don’t know and give you fun and engaging tools to learn them.
Our scientifically proven method of space repetition will teach you worthwhile and frequently used words as well as focus on one word at a time, aiding long term retention and focus only on you and your progress.
It works based on 4 simple steps:
1. Assess yourself
2. Discover which words you don't know
3 .Learn words in order of importance
4. Learn words in the correct context
WordUp can be utilised by everyone and there are many reasons why, below are some examples how:
- Native English speakers - to generally improve your vocabulary and knowledge of words
- Non native English speakers - to learn english from scratch and expand your horizons
- English teachers - a classroom tool or form of AFL
- Employer - a way to improve communication skills at work
- Government officials - standardize language skills, irrespective of role or department
- Students - to help prep for a IELTS or TOEFL exam
How can WordUp Benefit you:
- Improve your general quality of life
- Optimize career opportunities and widen job searches
- Allow you to engage more comfortably in intellectual conversations
- Expand your vocabulary in a fun and engaging way
- Strengthen the communication and bond in a relationship formed with a -language barrier (break language barriers)
- Allow you to teach family and friends the greatest skill, communication
This release includes:
- UI/UX enhancements
- Performance improvements
- Minor bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
So pleased with this app
I've subscribed to "Word Of The Day" emails. I've looked up words I don't know. None of that helps me retain. This app however has changed my life (and my vocabulary.) The simple action of allowing me to see the words the next day, and then the next, until I remember it, is the trick. And when I remember it, it shows it to me again in 3 days, 7 days, 30 days, etc., so I never forget it. Plus with the paid version, between those intervals, I can play simple games which keep the words at the forefront of my mind. And I keep bringing in new words to learn entirely at my own pace. Simple and brilliant and life changing. I look forward every day to incorporating my new words into every day conversation.
Developer Response ,
Thanks for your kind words. It's our pleasure to be able to make a difference! :)
I have never written a review for an app. Hopefully you will find my review to be helpful. I am extremely satisfied with Word Up and I found it profoundly useful with excellent customer service. I suggested to add the synonym for each vocabulary and it was updated the next day. I am impressed with their ability to resolve my request promptly. It’s been a few weeks since I downloaded the app. I tested a few days than I decided to purchase the full year version to get more functionalities out of it. It’s fun, it’s interesting and more importantly I am learning new words everyday! I would recommend this app to anyone who wants to improve their vocabulary. Keep up the good work!!!
Use to recommend, no longer would unless fixed
When I first downloaded this app it was great, in just a few weeks I even upgraded to the Essential subscription because I knew it was something I would want to practice daily. More recently WordUp made a change and it’s been for the absolute worst. I use to be able to test myself and practice words from my “Learning” bucket for as long as I’d like, 5-10 minutes. Now I can only test myself with a small handful of words from the “Learning” bucket and it then moves me to explore new words. The reason why I downloaded this was to learn new words and practice them over time so the repetition makes them more familiar. Now I am just shuffling through 10 new words a day without any repetition. Would absolutely not recommend unless they fix. If and when they fix it is a complete recommend.
Developer Response ,
Dear user, we want to help you with this, it would be helpful to have a little bit more information. Can you send any screenshots related to the issue along with your device details at https://www.wordupapp.co? Thanks.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Geeks ltd
- 179.2 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 9.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- 12+ Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- © Geeks Ltd 2021
- In-App Purchases
- WordUp Essential - 12 months $15.49
- Pro Monthly $7.99
- 3 months subscription $7.49
- Essential Monthly $2.49
- 12 months Pro subscription $60.99
- 1 month's subscription $3.99
- Lifetime Pro $99.99
- Lifetime Essential $40.99
- 12 months subscription $24.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.