A comprehensive English dictionary and thesaurus with 70,000 professionally recorded audio pronunciations.
The WordWeb dictionary database includes:
- 300,000 words, phrases and derived forms
- 225,000 word sense definitions
- 70,000 usage examples
- 70,000 audio pronunciations
- 85,000 text pronunciations
- Synonyms and similar words
- British, US and Australian words, pronunciations and spellings
The intelligent word entry suggests possible correct spellings as you type, as well as listing words that sound the same or are often confused. In addition there's a fast pattern-matching word search feature, great for crosswords and other puzzles, or finding that word you've forgotten.
Search features include:
- Alphabetical listing
- Spelling, sounds-like and often-confused suggestions
- Fast pattern-matching search (*, ?, vowel and consonant)
- Filter search results by noun, verb, adjective, adverbs
- Customize search options (case, derived forms, etc)
No Internet connection is required to use WordWeb (unlike audio in dictionary.com). A smaller version without audio is also available - search iTunes for WordWeb.
[To hear sound make sure sound is not muted on your device]
- New words and updates.
- Fix for playing audio from the search list.
- Settings option whether to look up the word on the clipboard.
Ratings and Reviews
The BEST of the BEST
I have been using the non audio program on my PC Desktop for years! Not only is it a GREAT program, but the Author is very responsive to requests and he continues to update this program. It never sits long in an idle mode as he is always making a GREAT program just a little GREATER! Now he has brought it to the iPhone and we are very fortunate to have this application! There are others out there that claim to do what this does, but they all fail to measure up. As I said earlier, I have been using the non audio on the PC desktop for years, but what makes this program/application really stand out, it has NEVER EVER crashed or produced an error on my PC, and we all know how finiky Windows can be. To have a program that is 100% reliable is a product on to itself! So how do you make a GREAT program GREATER? Make an AUDIO version! Not just one voice, but several to choose from! OUTSTANDING Antony!
Do your self a favor, GRAB this program and never look back, I haven't................................
Simplicity is best and this app does just that with the UI. Looking up words hasn't been this easy & reliable. Pretty much the same as Wordweb original but starts up faster and has audio.
Not for Touch?
I was so phsyced to use this app but i guess it does not work on my Ipod Touch. But I feel good vibes coming from this app because it looks very well put together. If you have an Iphone i recommend you getting this app, but then again i did get it on sale for free.
Please make this available for Ipod Touches please!
4 stars for good look, good idea, very complete, but not compatible for Touches.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Antony Lewis
- 244.2 MB
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 13.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- © Antony Lewis, WordWeb Software
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.