Workflowy is a clean and distraction-free app that helps you quickly capture notes, plan your to-do's, and get organized.
Simple to use, but incredibly powerful, Workflowy can help you manage all the information in your life.
With Workflowy you can:
• Capture notes and ideas in an instant
• #Tag and @assign items for easy access
• Mark to-do tasks with one-swipe completion
• Upload photos and files from your device
• Organize complex ideas with infinite nesting
• Manage your activities using kanban boards
• Share notes and collaborate in real-time
• Filter your entire Workflowy in seconds
• Embed YouTube videos and tweets
Workflowy automatically syncs across all your devices and auto-saves all your data. No more missing notes or lost files!
Workflowy is used by:
• Mike Cannon-Brookes, CEO of Atlassian, a company worth over $10 billion
• Farhad Manjoo, the New York Times technology columnist
• Slack's founders
• Nick Bilton, New York Times Bestseller and author of 'Hatching Twitter'
• Ian Coldwater, Open Source Security Foundation board member
• Thousands of entrepreneurs, writers, engineers, scientists, creatives and students across the globe
• Infinitely nested lists
• Works offline
• Automatically syncs with desktop and web versions
• Simple document sharing and permissions
• One swipe item completion
• Kanban boards
• Global text search
• Expand and collapse lists
• Tap and drag to move items around
• Highlight text, color tags
• Tag and assign items
• Mobile keyboard shortcuts
• Mirrors (Live copy)
• MFA (Multi-factor authentication)
• Item starring
• Date tags
• YouTube and tweet embeds
• Auto-backup to Dropbox
- "Trash" feature is available
- Alert user to broken internal links
- Fixed issue: Content showing above the breadcrumb navigation (iPad, landscape mode)
Ratings and Reviews
The good the bad and the ugly
I've been using Workflowy for about 5 years and I pay the subscription fee every year. I use this app as a first step in the writing process and not for tasks.
Functionally, it's great. Simple and fast to capture ideas. You can easily move sections around (on web platform) and the export function is decent. It's cross platform since it resides on web.
The bad: As a paying customer I expected more attention to improving the features and customizations. Why do you not support markup? Why can't I selectively change font color, size or imbed images? Why can't I change background color?
The ugly: This app has been left untouched for a long, long while. What the heck?! One annoying part of the functionality is the floating bar that always pops up over the words I'm trying to type. It would be nice to 3D touch on a bullet point and have to option to indent or de indent or move it etc. The app lacks severely the same functionality as the web app.
At $50 bucks a year, and no sign of development, im kinda wondering if it's worth it. Hopefully we start seeing some action from the developer. I know from reading the reviews that some of us like to actually support the developer of good apps with our cash, but we also want to see continuous improvement and functionality.
My Most Used App
I have been using Worflowy on an almost daily basis for years. It is a clean, easy to use product that uses a simple outline format that I find useful for all of my note-taking needs. I am a prodigious e-book reader and I capture ideas and quotes from everything I read by just cutting and pasting text directly into Worflowy. The tab button indents automatically so organizing information is quick, and once entered, the "touch and move"feature, along with the editing, highlighting and search options allow you to format and easily locate your text depending on your own specific search criteria.
I also use this for my todo lists, for brainstorming and capturing ideas, storing my favorite internet sites and links, long term planning, keeping track of my accomplishments and bucket list items... everything! After several years, I have pages and pages of well organized information in one place that I can retrieve with just a few search terms. I would call this a grown-up app for people who want to keep track of any kind of data in any form. This is my most used app and I would be lost without it.
Great service but the app is buggy
In my work and personal life, I rely on WorkFlowy to keep me organized— it’s an essential service for me. More of a utility, really, like electricity or broadband Internet. While the website is very good, maybe 4.5 stars, the app has never reached the same level of excellence, unfortunately. It locks up frequently (several times a day for me) and I find it quite difficult to re-order lists because when I’m dragging an item to its new destination WorkFlowy often locks up, then inserts the item in an unpredictable location. Rather frustrating. Also, while I’n entering information through the app Workflowy will suddenly revert to its loading screen without warning. Also quite vexing.
I give the main service two big thumbs up and enthusiastically recommend it, though my enthusiasm for the app is more muted at best. I recommend using the app only to read and review your notes. Any major editing tasks should be done on a regular laptop or computer through the main website as attempts to do this through the app will be an exercise in futility and frustration. With luck, the skilled and innovative developers on WorkFlowy will work out these kinks with the app in the future. Until then, I unhesitatingly recommend the main website but not the app.
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- FunRoutine INC
- 19.4 MB
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 12.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2021 WorkFlowy Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.