This app helps you find the creative spark for your next sermon, any time, anywhere. With this app you can:
- Find inspiration, interpretation and imagination
- Access commentaries for Revised Common Lectionary (RCL) in English and Spanish
- Read commentaries for Narrative Lectionary (NL)
- Reflect on discussion questions for the week’s RCL texts
- Listen to podcasts for weekly RCL and NL commentaries
- Use the Bible Index to look up commentaries by passage (English and Spanish)
- Watch Preaching Moments videos from notable preachers
- Browse Craft of Preaching articles to sharpen your skills
- Stay up to date with push notifications
- Share your favorite messages via Twitter, Facebook, or email
- Download podcasts for offline listening
NOTE: An internet connection is required for non-cellular devices. For more information about Working Preacher, please visit: https://www.WorkingPreacher.org
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
iPad app unable to adjust font size
The app on my iPhone works great. On the iPad however the font is uncomfortably huge with no way to adjust. I hope this gets fixed, looks like it’s been an issue for a while.
All the web content in mobile format - with drawbacks
I have listened weekly to the Working Preacher podcast for years. It is obviously targeted at all who preach, also valuable for anyone who likes to read Sunday readings with a short commentary on every reading and Psalm.
Pros: You have access to the scripture texts in the NRSV, the podcasts, and the website commentary essays on all RCL and Narrative Lectionary texts. The texts and commentaries on the gospel readings are provided in Spanish.
Both languages have biblical indices so that the entire ten years of commentaries can be searched.
Cons: on my iPad, I am unable to adjust font size. I have a huge iPad in part because my eyes need larger type.
Secondly, there is a bug. When I go all the way into a commentary or scripture, the bar at the top with the "go back" arrow disappears. I have to quit completely and restart.
Content is great, app needs work.
Downloaded to my iPad. Problem is, everything is gigantic on my iPad, as if it is magnified. I can only get about six lines of text on my screen, and the constant scrolling is a nuisance. I tried adjusting my font size through the General settings, but it didn’t help. This needs to be fixed. As is I’d rather read the material via the website.
- Luther Seminary (MN)
- 17.4 MB
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Chinese, French, Portuguese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- App: © 2018 Subsplash, Content: © 2018 Working Preacher
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.