Get ready for the ultimate word adventure! An exciting blend of turn-based strategy and crossword role-playing game, World of Words pits you against up to 3 other players for a globe-trotting word experience like no other.
EVERYONE LOVES WORLD OF WORDS!
"In comparison to World of Words, [those other word games] are so innocent." —TiPb
"World of Words adds a welcome cut-throat edge to more classic word games... and is damn fun to play as a result." —What's On iPhone
"This game threw all my prejudices about crossword puzzles out the window!" —AppMyWorld
"If you like crossword battle games and the letters on your board have worn away with use, then I suggest you give this game a try and see if the aggressive gameplay helps to refresh a classic board game." —Smokin' Apps
"Thankfully a spelling game where the favor tends to lean on my [aggressive] side." —App Store Arcade
THE MOST ACTION-PACKED WORD GAME EVER DEVISED
World of Words takes your standard online crossword game and amplifies it with Bombs, Whirlwinds, Snowstorms, and more! Level your character up, unlocking new action tiles and boards. Experience epic four player games, customize your character with unique titles and avatars, or try out Nightmare Mode for an extra challenge! Grab an extra boost anytime by calling in the Reserves!
BETTER THAN LETTERS — WORLD OF WORDS INTRODUCES ACTION TILES
- Multiplier Tiles multiply scoring of letters and words
- Star Tiles let players play a word anywhere
- Bomb Tiles destroy letter tiles in a square
- Shield Tiles protect areas from opponents
- Extra Turn Tiles allow players to play two turns in a row
- Nuclear Bomb Tiles destroy the entire board
- Plus MANY more!
EXPLORE THE MANY WORLDS OF WORDS
- The Call to Adventure takes you through the countryside and into the busy city streets, where a nuclear bomb decimates everything you know.
- Jungle of the Elements brings you into the sweltering jungle, where the elements (and pirates) seek to bring your doom!
- The Sands of Time is a vast desert filled with ancient mysteries, ruins and treasures.
- The Depths of Winter is a trek to the North Pole in the face of glaciers, blizzards and Yetis.
- The Fear of Darkness takes you to the depths of the Abyss, featuring spooky Ghosts, Bats, and more.
- More worlds will be released every year!
TONS OF OTHER FEATURES
- Adventure through 5 worlds, discovering over 100 beautiful boards
- Utilize 19 incredible action tiles
- Unearth secret treasures
- Defeat difficult hazards
- Unlock hundreds of achievements
- Customize your character with unique titles and avatars
- Use Talents to modify your gameplay
- Compete on the global leaderboards
- Support for up to four players in a single match
- Play online with up to 60 friends at once, or play at home with friends using Pass and Play
- Online chat
- Devices supported: iPhone 5S and up, iPod Touch 6th Generation and up, iPad Mini 2 and up
- Requires iOS 12 or higher
- A Game Center account is required to play with friends
- Requires an Internet connection
- Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase
- Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period
- Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period
- Subscriptions may be managed and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to Account Settings after purchase
Terms of Service: http://www.jeremythomasfuller.com/privacy/
In 6.0.1, we scared a few bugs away.
The next incredible world in World of Words is here! Are you ready for THE FEAR OF DARKNESS?
Subscribers can experience 16 haunting new boards, featuring Darkness, Moving Platforms, Bats, Ghosts, the Wicked Witch, Corruption, and more! Test your skills with all-new action tiles: Lantern, Power Surge, Dark Bomb, and Divination! Reveal Tarot Cards to increase your score even further. Gain 4 additional talent points at the new level cap of 23! Even more talents, achievements, avatars and titles await you in the dark. Explorers unlock 16 additional boards (12 of which are unlocked monthly) for a total of 32 new boards in this release.
Challenge your friends and foes alike with some of the most mind-bending content this game has ever seen! Can you defeat the Dark Lord and conquer the Abyss? Only the Darkness knows.
There are a few other notable changes in this release, including:
- Extra Turn tile has been redesigned. It now "fizzles" after one use, making it so you can only use it one time during a single run of turns. Once play yields to the next player, all Extra Turns once again become available for play.
- The Rack now contains 10 tiles! That's right, TEN! Have fun with those Bombs, adventurers.
- New "Unplayable Areas" visual helps you quickly see which areas of the board are ripe for adventure.
- New Disable Animation option helps you save battery life.
- Lots of quality of life improvements, including visual indicators for how many Reserves purchases you have left, whether you have a free Swap remaining, and more!
- And, as always, plenty of bugs were fixed.
This update supports iOS 12. But for optimal play, iOS 13 is recommended.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
The GOAT of Games
Simply the best game I’ve ever played. There are nearly an infinite number of different game combinations you can play, making each game fun and unique. The creator is fantastic, helpful, and very responsive to questions. If you like word and strategy games where you’re in control of the game setup, this is a must!
Always liked these but being subscription based...
It needs to offer an easier way to get help, and better tile functionality, moving the tiles around on my 8 plus is frustrating at times. Great concept, but so complex at times, I’m not sure its worth my time, especially at $5.99 a month for fullest version, but hey if you learned it and get it, kudos to you, playing on an iPad might help too...And you really need to subscribe to rid of ads??? Thats not ok.
Best word game I’ve ever played. The wide choice of boards and action tiles keeps it interesting—you can customize each game and there’s a lot of variety. There is a friendly community of players. I subscribed without hesitation and have no regrets.
- Jeremy Fuller
- 437.6 MB
Requires iOS 12.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- © 2020 Jeremy Thomas Fuller
- In-App Purchases
- Explorer (Monthly) $5.99
- Adventurer (Monthly) $2.99
- Explorer (Yearly) $59.99
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.