World Uncovered tracks your travels for you and maps them in vivid detail. It will show you where you’ve been, how fast and how high you were going, and how often you’ve returned to your favorite places. Can you walk every block in your city? Climb all the mountains in your area? How many countries have you visited? What landmarks have you seen? Find out, with World Uncovered.
- Record your travels using your phone or almost any other GPS-enabled device
- 4 map display modes show you: where you've been; how fast you got there; how high it was; and how often you've revisited your favourite spots.
- Speed map, height map and routes mode all present your travels in vivid colour
- Score points and earn achievements: whether you're a beginner or an expert, we'll help you set goals and take your vacation game to the next level.
- When you visit some of the world's most famous landmarks, you'll score bonus points, and keep a record of when you were there for posterity.
- GPX and KML support: any GPS device using either of these standard formats is compatible with World Uncovered
- Compete with your friends with Game Center integration
- Fog of World user? You can import your data to World Uncovered and pick up where you left off
- Battery efficient: We understand that charging opportunities are few and far between when you're on the go, so we've built our app with the goal of maximizing battery life.
World Uncovered is a simple concept with the potential to go far. The world is yours to discover and our app is the perfect tool to help you do it, and make the experience even more fun. Start with a map that’s completely covered, and uncover locations by visiting them. Change up your routine and find ways of going places you’ve never been. Take a different route to work or school. Take a bike ride through the countryside. Travel. What better day to start the journey of a lifetime than today?
Travel. Explore. Uncover!
Whether you’re making a trip across town or across the ocean, World Uncovered will lead you to visit places you’ve never seen. The more you travel, the more your map begins to paint a picture of your life. Are you a wanderer or a creature of habit? A jet-setter or a mountain climber? Whatever your style of travel, World Uncovered will push you to reach new horizons and seek out new experiences.
Please note: This app may use your location even when it isn’t open, which can decrease device battery life.
Improved iOS 13 compatibility.
Ratings and Reviews
Good but could be even better
I have been using this app for a long while and had a suggestion for the app. I would love if it would allow people to take pictures and upload it to certain uncovered areas so we can know exactly where we were when that area was uncovered. It would be cool if there was a picture mode that we could click certain areas and could see pictures of that area that we have took or maybe even others have uploaded. Just a suggestion but it should be an optional mode so not to annoy people that like the app for its current simplicity. Thanks for an awesome app!
Great in general, but lacks landscape support
I love this in general, though it’s very frustrating to me that it doesn’t support landscape mode — I almost always want to view the map in landscape.
I use an external GPS logger and import the resulting GPX files, so I can’t speak to the experience of tracking directly in the app itself.
The gamification aspects are more minor annoyances to me; I’m sure that some people enjoy that, but I wish I could completely disable it.
And I would love some more features, like the ability to tag/categorize tracks and show/hide certain ones. (For instance, I’d love to be able to show only train trips, or only road trips, or only hikes. I wish I could import flight paths when I travel, but most of the time I don’t want those to show on the map.)
Doesn’t automatically back up
I just lost a ton of data because the app was accidentally deleted and there’s no automatic backup. Unless you plan to manually back it up every day, I’d suggest finding a different app. My only option now is to completely wipe my phone and reinstall everything from an iCloud backup. This is unacceptable.
Update: After going through a ton of trouble to replace what data was lost, I now find that the app crashes in the background almost every single day. If there was a way to export everything (like some other apps have), I would just switch to a better app. I regret not paying more for Fog Of World when I first looked for an app of this type.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Roman Budzowski
- 29.1 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn’t open, which can decrease battery life.
- © Anawiki Games
- In-App Purchases
- Full version unlock $3.99
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.