* The Best Translation App *
• Secured a spot among the Top 10 apps in the Reference/Business categories in 109 countries
• Winner of the Taiwan Excellence Award 2012
• Winner of the Outstanding IT Products Award 2011
• Over one million users worldwide
* Product Overview *
Point the iPhone’s or the new iPad’s camera at any word and Worldictionary will instantly define and translate it. No need to manually type words or take pictures. This app will be your indispensable travel tool primed to give you translation on-the-go.
* Demo Videos *
* Product Details *
- Instant View & Translate
• The instant 'View and Translate' feature allows you to get instant translation simply by pointing your iPhone’s camera at a word you want to look up.
• Worldictionary recognizes and translates amongst multiple languages, ranging from Traditional Chinese, Simplified Chinese, English, Japanese, Korean, French, German, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Dutch, Swedish, Finnish, Danish, Norwegian, Polish, Hungarian, Russian, Czech, Slovak and Romanian. No need to type a word to look it up!
• You can also select an image from your iPhone to get the translation immediately without typing words in.
- Detailed & Full Sentence Translation
• To proceed with looking up additional words or knowing more about the usage of particular words, you can first take a snap of the text and then focus on the words one by one and look them up.
• Provides full sentence translation and pronunciation.
• The 'Advance Search' function lets you search through Google, Wikipedia and YouTube to expand your search.
• Works with the world's leading dictionary( Collins, Dr.eye and Transtar dictionary), lets you get the most authoritative word explanations.
- Smart & Helpful Functions
• Save your search records automatically. You can even build your own word database to increase translation efficiency.
• You can also manually enter and translate words.
• Provides an anti-shake function for better image quality.
• Provides in app purchase offline dictionary.
* Customers’ Reviews *
• Brilliant app! - Thanks for developing such a handy tool. I have already used it to translate menu items and will definitely use it on my first trip abroad. Well worth the price. (Apr 22, 2012 by lht61ha)
• Amazing app for a phone! - Very easy to use translator app that works brilliantly with text. All the various functions, including recognizing words and translating from text, are very useful. 5 star. (Apr 22, 2012 by Simon Medlicott)
• Worldictionary, one of the most revolutionary iPhone app ideas. (Mar 20, 2012 by Sven Luiv)
- Performance improvements and bug fixes.
Ratings and Reviews
Unintuitive . . .
and barely works.
DOES NOT WORK.
Save your money
Useless app. Can only translate one word at a time and requires several seconds of keeping camera absolutely still to do so. Translating an entire sentence or paragraph would take so long that you would forget the meaning of the first words by the time you got to the last. Keeps no useful record of previously translated words, so you couldn't string together a whole phrase, even if you did have the patience to individually translate each word. App claims to translate a photo of a paragraph, but still only does it one word at a time (you have to tap each word in the photo one at a time to get a translation of that word only). Also, it is only able to correctly recognize about 50% of the words in any photo. Finally, it only works with an Internet connection, so if you only have wifi, you probably won't be able to use it when you need it. I am very sorry I spent my money on this.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Penpower Inc.
- 79.2 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- 17+ Unrestricted Web Access
- ©2019 Penpower Technology Ltd.
- In-App Purchases
- Collins English<->Japanese Dictionary $4.99
- Transtar Chinese<->English Dictionary $1.99
- Collins English<->Korean Dictionary $4.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.