Travel changes people, people change the world. Worldpackers is the safest community to travel and volunteer with. We connect more than 3 million travelers with hosts in more than 140 countries!
Over 18 host types available:
- Hospitality Businesses: Hostels, Hotels, Bed and Breakfasts, Campgrounds
- Eco Projects: Farms, Permaculture Projects, Eco Villages, Eco-Lodges, Holistic Centers
- Social Projects: NGOs, Schools, Communities
- And more!
What makes it awesome?
- Confirm your trips with peace of mind: become part of a community with 8 years of experience and thousands of successful trips
- Contact thousands of hosts: apply to as many positions as you like with our verified and responsive hosts who are reviewed by our community
- Rest assured that your trips are backed by WP Insurance: if anything doesn’t go as planned, we’ll help you to find a new host or reimburse you for alternative accommodation
- Count on our support team: 93% of travelers were satisfied with our help in English, Spanish, and Portuguese, available 7 days a week
- Get inspired with our Academy and Blog: video lessons and articles by travelers who have overcome the same obstacles you’re facing and are now living their lives with more freedom, flexibility, and travel
- Earn some money with the WP Programs: with positive reviews from hosts, you can sign up to help us grow our community while you travel
Come join us!
Hello, traveller! In this new version you can send and receive voice messages to communicate even better with the hosts =)
Ratings and Reviews
Unpacking The World of Collaborative Travel
Worldpackers is unlike any other travel app on the market. The promise is engaging and straightforward— lend your talents and skills in exchange for an experience in a new community.
For $49 you get full access to certification courses that can help you learn more about the roles and opportunities you can request in and bolster your profile for maximum engagement with your future host. The user interface is responsive and easy to navigate for first time guests and those with low computer literacy.
The chat feature is effective and allows you to directly engage with the host of your choice in a safe and secure way. There are many ways you can stand out and showcase your skills and talents, which helps you better align with meaningful opportunities.
If you are a creative, conscientious and curious traveler I highly recommend this app.
Issues becoming and expert
So, I recently found out that you can become and expert workdpacker and they had programs you could sign up for etc. So I'm logged in and go to check out the programs and it tells me to "log in to apply"
I already am logged in? Anyways, I click the button to log in and it takes me to the log in screen so I login through facebook and it takes me back to the home screen. So I go to click on my profile page where it has the "Become and expert" button and it logs me out of my account. So naturally I log back in and it's just a never ending cycle. It says I'm logged in but when I go to check out the expert programs it says I'm not when I AM. It even logs me out when I go to click on my profile. I would like to become and expert but the app keeps saying I'm not logged in and I haven't logged in when I am c l e a r l y on my account. Fix it, please, it's very frustrating.
Developer Response ,
Thanks for report this expert page problem! We’ll resolve it as soon as possible.
If you want to be notified about this issue or ask to be an Expert right now, please, send an e-mail to email@example.com.
This service is a scam
Worldpackers collects $50 from travelers by selling a false expectation that people can get free stays in exchange of volunteer “work” which they pitch in a way that doesn’t sound like work. We were a host on the platform and the first 5 travelers who came really had no interest whatsoever in working at all. The first traveler wanted to tour the island the second day of work, the second traveler never showed up, the third one ended up upgrading to a paid room once they understood there was volunteer work involved otherwise and the fourth went on vacation after two days of volunteering. Don’t waste your $50 for the false hope they sell you. If you’re truly interested in volunteer work, all the NGOs including our our NGO have websites that advertise for volunteer positions. You can Google and you will find them at no cost to you.
Developer Response ,
Thank you for your comment.
Worldpackers promotes collaborative experiences between hosts and travelers that really differ greatly from work. Much more than exchanging skills for accommodation, exchanges involve collaboration, cultural immersion, personal and professional development on both sides.
The amount paid by volunteers goes to Worldpackers to verify and approve more hosts in the community, produce more and more content, and continue to improve the platform, in addition to paying our team.
As a connection platform, we rely on the feedback sent by WP members about each experience to know what happens beyond the platform. This feedback is taken into account in our Policy for the Quality and Safety of Experiences, applied to both hosts and travelers of the platform. If a member of the WP community receives recurring negative feedback and offers experiences that are not in line with the purpose of a collaborative and safe experience promoted by Worldpackers, this member can be deactivated from Worldpackers..
We are really sorry that the collaborative experience model promoted by Worldpackers is not the best fit for your project, but we highly appreciate your feedback and wish you much success in other volunteering models you have commented on.
The Worldpackers Team.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Financial Info
- Contact Info
- User Content
- Search History
- Usage Data
- Sensitive Info
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- VIAJE O MUNDO WORLDPACKERS PROVEDORES DE CONTEUDO E OUTROS SERVICOS DE INFORMACAO NA INTERNET LTDA
- 62.2 MB
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
English, Portuguese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- © Worldpackers