Not all scales are created equal.
This app allows you to break out of the limitations of equal-tempered scales and gives you freedom to tune the built-in keyboard in whatever way you want. Loaded with many presets and samples you can explore ancient scales, byzantine music, oriental vibes or configure your own scales.
Have you ever wondered why we tune our instruments the way we do? They are usually tuned to an "equal-tempered scale", which divides the octave into equally spaced tones and semitones. This has become the most prevalent way of tuning the instruments in the west since the 18th Century. Today, musicians use this tuning system, and the scales based on it, without ever considering other ways. For example, in the Middle Ages European musicians generally used Pythagorean tuning, and today many traditional instruments in the Middle East and Asia are tuned according to regional systems and standards.
● Ability to tune each key in the octave individually (+- 100 cents).
● 35 High quality sampled instruments: From grand piano, violin and organ to oriental oud and kanun, to voices of a choir singing Ison voices. Many samples are polyphonic and have multiple velocity layers.
● MIDI In. Connect your External MIDI keyboard and play microtonal music. Tuning the individual keys is normally only possible on $1000+ keyboard!
● Many presets introducing lesser known western, byzantine and oriental scales.
● Ability to save your own scales and tunings.
● Entering directly frequency ratios, frequencies or cents.
● Shows on the piano keys where the scale starts and what keys are included in the scale.
● Changing the root key of a scale: all tuned keys are shifted correctly.
● Audio effects: reverb and compressor.
● And more…
bug fix 1.0.8 / audio over Bluetooth. Now it works!
Ratings and Reviews
While starting to learn chanting with a Greek Orthodox church, I found out about the WorldScales app. With it, I can set the correct pitches for the various scales, something that thousands of other musical apps cannot do.
I was delighted to see that not only can the user set pitch adjustments on each key, but it has the soft chromatic scale and Byzantine Mode 2 available directly from a menu. That was exactly what was needed for the music I was practicing.
I was a little bummed because running on a MacBook the user interface is not as convenient as it would be for a touch screen on an iPad. But then I was completely delighted to discover the WorldScales' MIDI feature in the settings, connect my keyboard via USB cable, and it just worked. That's an even better UI than a touch screen.
AUv3 Please !
Please consider supporting AUv3 to use in AUM and other iOS DAWs. Thank you so Much
This app is very good and i haven't seen anyother app like it.
However I'm having problems lately , playing some keys makes the key turn color but it doesn't sound any sound.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Karim El-Far
- 156 MB
- Requires iPadOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2012-2023 Kelfar Technologies
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.