Wotja Pro 21 is a uniquely powerful *Generative Music Lab* app. Being an all-in-one *Composer Mixer Player* system, it is the app for you if you enjoy creating, playing or exploring generative music. It includes an AUv3 Audio Unit Plug-in, too!
With or without musical knowledge use it to make ambient & melodic soundscapes, lush drone mixes, text-to-music, melodies, beats, MIDI etc. It’s for ideas, fun, relaxation, installations etc.
Paid-for Wotja Pro 21 is a single 'bundle' purchase for iOS, macOS & tvOS.
CREATE & EXPLORE
Easily make mixes from 100s of editable templates. Optionally explore powerful generative, adaptive, text-to-music, sound design, cut-up, scripting, Text to Speech [TTS] (macOS 14+) & randomization techniques.
PLAY & RELAX
Use Flow to auto-generate & play a continuous succession of mixes for relaxation, meditation, sleep etc. No internet streaming is required.
FEATURE SET (FS)
• Wotja Pro 21 is the paid-for version of Wotja in 2021. It has a 'Pro' Feature Set meaning there are no auto-timeouts, no locked features and mix recordings are licensed for Commercial Use (see EULA). It will get all relevant Wotja V21 updates during the course of 2021.
1: See the Wotja 21 webpage for the Feature Set table
2: Includes AUv3 with Pro FS
3: Pro alternative: Get the free version of Wotja and take out a 'Pro' In-App Subscription (but AUv3 has Lite FS ONLY)
WHAT’S NEW IN WOTJA 21
• Full details – see the Wotja webpage
• Single bundle purchase for iOS, macOS & tvOS
• AUv3 plug-in included
• Text to Speech [TTS] (iOS, macOS, tvOS)
• Support for ARM silicon (macOS)
• Support for Airplay 2/HomePod
• Dynamic change of Audio Output settings
• IME graphics & better IME editor organisation
• ISE audio meter for TG/FX units
• ISE oscilloscope for Control units
• ISE unit bypass toggle
• BP21 Drones 1 Template Pak
• IM Drums & IM E-Perc SF2 extended
• Improved Randomization Schemes (RS)
• Text Properties panel
• Import Text Sections from clipboard
• Cut-up Mode: Edit Text (no cut-up)
Display Mode / Visuals:
• Display Properties panel
• Use SVG in mixes
• Lattice visualiser + 2 mini games
Randomization Schemes (RS):
• Many more parameters can be set in the RS
• V21 Pro Feature Set now permits (with some exceptions, see EULA):
- Commercial Use of Recordings
- Commercial Live Use
• Way too many to note here!
• 100s of gorgeous generative music templates & Sound/FX presets
• 48 independent content cells in 12 tracks for live mixing/generative cell sequencing
• Flow mode for a succession of freshly generated mixes
• Music Engine (IME) with 130+ parameters for generative (MIDI) music generation and a 'text to music' capability for melodies
• Sound Engine (ISE) with ’Macro Oscillator 1’ plus many other synth & FX units + presets
• Text Engine (ITE) for creating 'cut-up’ text with word locking, syllable rules, 5 source fields
• Visual Engine (IVE) for visualizer, screensaver & camera background (e.g. for videos) + mini games
• App support for: 16 channel (core & virtual); recording to WAV & MIDI; SF2; iCloud; AirPlay; TTS; Sleep timer etc.
• AUv3 included, see Note 2
From a double BAFTA award-winning dev team, the Wotja system is the continued evolution of the Noatikl, Mixtikl, Liptikl and legendary SSEYO Koan apps. It uses a combination of AI Techniques & heuristics we’ve been crafting for over 30 years.
• Webpage: https://intermorphic.com/wotja/21
• Guide: https://intermorphic.com/wotja/21/guide
Something not working right? Please do get in touch via our Help Page 'Contact Us' options. Thank you!
NEW: IME Editor "Phrasing Graphic" makes it easier to understand the inter-relationships between phrase/range, gaps/range and interval/range
NEW: IME Editor TTM Generator "Note Graphic" displays the generated note pattern in terms of notes (0) and rests (-) and takes into account the "Tune Start at Index" and "Tune Length Override" settings, making it easier to understand TTM
NEW: "Dice" button in the TTM Generator header makes it easy to kick-off a new Cut-Up without leaving the screen
IMPROVED: Track and Mix FX buttons moved to the IME Network Editor panel to make them easier to find
IMPROVED: "Use Standard Rule" button added to the Rule Editor toolbar to make it easier to see/use the included Rules (e.g. Dorian etc.).
IMPROVED: Many more Cell menu items added to make it easier to manage clearing/resetting mixes
IMPROVED: Documents > Mixes > "Add New" now has separate options for "Empty Mix" and "Cut-up Text"
IMPROVED: Many UI changes made to improve understanding and workflow:
- Display only the relevant IME parameters for the selected Generator
- IME "Basics" Parameter Group renamed to "Generator"
- IME "Chords" Parameter Group renamed to "Chording"
- IME "Phrasing" Parameter Group created for common note phrasing parameters
- IME "Generator" Parameter Group and main Parameter Group for the selected Generator both display a RHS color bar
- IME Generator ordering now shows primary generators first i.e. Rhythmic, Ambient, Text to Music, Pattern then then secondary generators i.e. Follower, Repeater, Listener
- IME Parameter Group ordering changed aid visibility of some important parameters (e.g. Articulation)
CHANGED: Column 5 now has 3 buttons: Mute, Solo and Track Rule (Track FX moved as above)
CHANGED: Color of the Repeater Generator made a bit easier to see
CHANGED: "Display Text?" property removed from the Parameters table and is now a checkbox in the Edit TTM Text screen
FIXED: A small number of occasional crashers plus other bug fixes and improvements
As ever, if anything is not working right then please do get in touch via our Help Page ‘Contact Us’ options.
P.S. Enjoying Wotja? Please do leave or update a positive review and rating - your love means so much to us! Thank you :).
Ratings and Reviews
Way more than just a “generative music app”
Wotja often presents itself as a plug and go generative music app but that does it a great injustice. Much is made of the serendipitous text to music (which it has), it also has a built-in modular synth if you wish to use it but for me its richest feature is as a composer’s tool. If you put in the time to learn it, it can help you quickly compose either note by note or by key or by providing general instructions to its own rule engine. For example, I’ll use a voice to provide a bass line, make a follower voice to create chords from the base line, create another voice to Arpeggiate over the chords played and so on. Using Wotja’s grid, you can go left to right with a few key change variations, borrowed chords or whatever strikes your fancy. Now with the AU3 support, you can control multiple synths easily with MIDI in AUM or some other host. Wotja is far and away my favorite way to kickstart a combo or jazz piece that I later layer on EWI or played parts. With AUM I an mix and match Wotja with drum engines and other tools. Wotja is developed by a very small responsive team and always brings new inspiration with each release.
Developer Response ,
Thank you so much for that lovely, detailed and informative review - we really appreciate it! We hope you enjoy how we continue to evolve and improve it. Best wishes from Tim and Pete.
Great generative app
I love this years additions to Wotja. Overall it’s a very solid app. It plays nicely with everything (midi and synth) on my iPhone and iPad that I have tried so far.
The only problem I can say I have is the support for Sonos on the Apple TV. In short I would like to use my Sonos speakers with the Wotja Apple TV app and it does not work. Not the worst thing in the world but TV speakers are not great. I’m sort of confused about the use case for the Apple watch app. It’s weird when I turn off Bluetooth, WIFI and put my phone in airplane mode, it still triggers sound on my phone by the Wotja watch app. I’m not sure how these communications are happening, NFC? It makes me question airplane mode from an Apple perspective if communication is still happening. I would maybe use the watch app for a run when I don’t want to take my phone with me and take my watch instead. I suppose it might be too much for a smart watch to handle at this point but the watch app is nice anyway. Maybe when Apple watches get higher specs in the future.
Worth the money I think. I use Wotja usually daily.
Developer Response ,
We are glad to hear you use Wotja regularly and many thanks indeed for your kind words - they really mean a lot to us. We implemented support for AirPlay in 21.2.0 which should mean Wotja will now be able to play through your Sonos speakers. :). I guess that one day Apple Watches will have a big enough battery to make on-watch music generation feasible, but it is hard to see when that day might arrive. So, for now, the watch app is a companion app used to stop/start Wotja music generation on an iOS device. I hope that makes sense! Best wishes, Tim
The leader in generative explorations.
These guys have been on the forefront of generative composition since the SSEYO days and have never looked back. Every subsequent version has armed composers with more and more options. The latest update includes an AU plug-in ensuring better integration with the DAW environment. It's the best reason to upgrade to Catalina if you have not already done so.
In terms of support, Tim and Pete are to be commended for their quick response to any issues or questions you may have.
Check it out and make sure you have the time because the musical voyages will be endless!
Developer Response ,
Thank you so much for that lovely review, we really appreciate the kind words! Best wishes from Tim and Pete.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Intermorphic Limited
- 139.5 MB
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 12.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 10.12 or later.
- Apple TV
- Requires tvOS 12.2 or later.
English, Japanese, Simplified Chinese
- Age Rating
- © 2004-2021 Intermorphic Ltd.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.