Write 2 Lite is an ultimate note taking, writing & markdown editing app. It utilizes all of its great features to give you the best experience while typing on your iPhone & iPad.
Featured in "What's Hot" in USA, Netherlands, and other 8 countries!
Featured in "New & Noteworthy" in, Canada, France, etc!
Top 100 free productivity in over 47 countries around the world!
Watch our video on YouTube http://bit.ly/Write2Video
"This is the absolute best note/writing app ever. You're awesome :)" - a satisfied reviewer.
Best writing app. ***** "Best writing app so far. I've used it for my last three short stories and i just love it." - Bertolt Breht (USA)
Awesome! Simple and easy yet powerful! ***** "Easy to use, easy to understand, secure, and sync smoothly!! It just works!! Love it, I use it all the time." - Posterous (Indonesia)
"The best note editor I have used" ***** - Anthony Killuchi (USA)
Excellent!!!! ***** "Very nice app. Dropbox sync works great!!!" - Catback (USA)
Things you can do with Write 2 Lite:
• Type & read in full screen without any distraction
• Synchronize your text (.txt) & markdown files between your iPhone, iPod Touch, iPad, Mac, PC, or any devices via Dropbox (automatically/manually)
• Download, edit, and back up plain-text and markdown files from your Dropbox
• Send your text to anyone via e-mail & PDF attachment
• Apply PIN protection to keep your privacy
• Make the best of 'Emergency Mode' to save your life
• Lock writing orientation to landscape/portrait
• Type much faster and precisely with auto text & TextExpander
• Word & character counts
• Easy and straight forward user interface
• Indulge yourself with gorgeous themes that will perfectly suit your mood
• Customize font types and sizes
• Put your files into different folders
• Search files & folders in a split second
• Sort your writings in 4 ways
• Automatically save your files
• Be amazed by the beautiful user interface in Retina Display
• Use Emoji (even for file and folder names!)
• Work in multitasking
• Optimize the auto-capitalization, auto-correction, check spelling, undo, redo, cut, copy, paste and replace features from the iOS
• Use any international keyboards
By the way, in case you are being threatened or forced to reveal your PIN, just enter the emergency PIN. This feature can save your life. Trust us.
You can find your emergency PIN in the help menu inside the app.
So whether you want to jot down your cool ideas, list your to-do, capture quick notes, outline your presentations, keep food recipes, create shopping lists, write another day in your diary or journal, keep some song lyrics, do your work on-the-go and continue it again later on the other devices, or whether you are a writer who needs to write everywhere, or anything you do that deals with text files, syncing, & sharing, THIS IS YOUR BEST APP!
Really good! ***** "Really nice for writing whatever whenever. And it's free! Good app!!! (:" - Happypersons (Canada)
*This Lite version allows to add up to 5 files, is ad supported, and has some feature limitations. Please download the full version on the App Store to enjoy all of its features and services without limitation, including its future cool updates. You can get it here: https://appsto.re/id/K1bAz.i
Good news for you!
• File limit is extended to 15 files.
• PDF limitation is gone. Unlimited conversion and send as PDF.
• Word count limitation is gone too.
• We also updated the Dropbox machine inside this app, so you don't have to worry about any "expiring Dropbox" message. You can keep linking your Write 2 Lite to Dropbox perfectly.
*We rebuilt the full version from the ground up and now it is far more advanced than the lite version, however we suggest you to check the full version thoroughly before purchasing it. You can get it here: https://appsto.re/id/K1bAz.i
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
I like all of the options for writing . All of the fonts and background images that are available make it quite fun . Though the ads feel pretty evasive . There's got to be a better way to advertise . Having a full commercial pop up while you might be in the middle of your thoughts is very distracting , and counter productive if you like writing stories .
Trash Can Problem
I’ve been using this app for years and I’ve been trying to open up the trash can recently to retrieve some files but it keeps crashing. And it doesn’t let me delete the “emergency” file that pops up every time I open it. Please, please fix this. I want to back up all my work! Otherwise, this app is pretty goodZ
Great for aspiring writers and poets
(This review was written off of the trial version.)
This app caught my eye after I realized that it was a free "note-taking" app. With different fonts, font sizes, backgrounds, and paper "types" this app can not only give you a quick and easy way to write, but can give you the opportunity to write in a space that is all your own. With an interesting and unique auto-save feature (that seems to activate when an author goes quiet for a few minutes), it makes it easier to not fret about documents being lost. Not only can one create new files, but they can create folders to keep up with all their work as well. This is a great feature for those who plan on using this app for more than the average grocery list. Do you need the documents that you typed up in a different location and fast? Easy! Send that document as an e-mail or a PDF file with a few simple taps of the screen. Although I have yet to purchase the full version yet, I am highly planning on it. I don't plan to let such an amazingly useful app go to waste.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.