Write is a modern note taking app with a stunning interface.
NOTE: iCloud sync between iOS and Mac version of Write is currently broken. I have no definite date on a fix for this. Dropbox sync should be working just fine.
You might be a writer, student, blogger or just a simple person who likes to keep things in order and make life productive, you'll love Write!
No matter where you store your notes, Write will organise and present them beautifully.
- Full Multimarkdown 4 Support
- Syntax Highlighting and a unique Rich Text Markdown mode
- Distraction free writing interface
- Beautiful handpicked fonts and support to use your own fonts
- Type Writer Scrolling
- Customisable Theme and Export CSS
- Butter smooth scrolling no matter how big your document
- Word, Sentence, Paragraph count and Estimated Reading Time stats
- Drag Drop Image/URL Support via panels
- Select to Copy HTML offers super quick way to get HTML code for a particular piece of markdown text
- Dark Theme
- Menu bar app
Tags & Syncing
- Organise your notes with tags
- Any tag you add via Write will be available in Finder (Mavericks only)
- Any tag you add via Write for iOS will be available in Finder
- Full Dropbox* synchronisation for notes
- Ability to use Google Drive, Box.net, SkyDrive, etc to read, edit & save your notes*.
*requires respective Mac client app.
- Export as PDF, RTF and HTML
- Share over iMessage or AirDrop
- Post on Twitter or Facebook
- Customisable Export CSS
If you're facing any issues please contact us directly at email@example.com instead of leaving your remarks in reviews, we guarantee a response within 24hrs.
If you like the app please take a moment to leave a nice review, it helps us a lot.
- Fixed issue causing blank screen at startup on High Sierra.
- Fixed issue which caused close, minimize button to gray out after saving a new file in a new window.
- Added option to show main window in dock icons context menu and under app menu's Window context.
- Write now requires minimum macOS v10.12.
Please consider leaving a good review if you find the app helpful.
Ratings and Reviews
Incompatible with OS X El Capitan
Incompatible with OS X El Capitan. Will currenlty only work on OS Sierra correctly until an update is available.
Working well in macOS Mojave
This is a really nice, well though out app, that combines great features, with a beautiful design. It's working well in Mojave beta 11. I tried a couple of markdown editors, and found them to be pretty ugly in comparison. Notes are stores as files, in locations you can choose, including iCloud, wordpress, etc... it's easy to create a new file.
Doesn’t play well with Google Docs
I downloaded this to edit Google Docs since it specifically says it works with Google Drive. It does not. You can add the Google Drive folder and have it sync, but the app is unable to open .gdoc files. You can create word documents and save them to Google Drive, but you can’t edit any exisiting documents unless you export them as a different file type.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Tanmay Sonawane
- 13.1 MB
- Requires macOS 10.12 or later.
English, French, German, Greek, Italian, Japanese, Polish, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- © Tanmay Sonawane
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.