Based on WriteRoom for iOS source code + Built-in Files app + Multi Window, Face ID, Synonym, Antonym, Dark Mode, Search & Replace, Dropbox Sync v2, Typewriter mode, etc.
◉ "New Apps We Love" - Apple
◉ "A solid new alternative to text editors like iA Writer and 1Writer" - Federico Viticci
◉ "I like the program very much" - Michael D. Shear
◉ "Best New App for iPad and iPhone" - imore.com
◉ "The original distraction-free writing app" - idownloadblog.com
◉ "WriteRoom for iOS lives on as Writemator" - Jesse Grosjean, founder of Hog Bay Software
Writemator is based on the source code of WriteRoom app for iOS & iPadOS with all bug fixes and new features.
• Based on WriteRoom source code for iOS & iPadOS. Fast handling of large documents.
• Updated for the latest iOS and iPadOS with all bug fixes and new features.
• Built-in Files App Support.
• Support Multiple Window feature for iPadOS.
• Drag and Drop Support (for items like plain text, xml, html, URLs, etc.) of iPadOS (in Split View).
• Touch ID/ Passcode/ Face ID support.
• Search tool that lets you search for and find every document that contains your search text.
• TypeWriter Mode.
• Live Word Counter.
• Customizable System Dark Mode.
• Reading Time option available.
• Lined Paper option available.
• Dropbox Sync API V2. Support both "Sync Automatically" and "Manual Sync".
• Writemator allows you to choose the folder with which you link in your Dropbox account.
• Keyboard Shortcuts. Toal 58 keyboard shortcuts are available (excluding iPadOS system keyboard shortcuts).
• Quick Search & Replace text feature available. Works great even for a document with more than 500,000 words.
• Synonyms, Antonyms, Rhyming words for a selected word.
• Drag-to-scroll scroll bar for quick navigation bigger documents. Just like desktop app scrolling.
• In full-screen view, tap margins to move cursor toward margin (iPad only).
• Many new fonts are added like iA Writer Duospace, IBM Plex, SF UI Text, etc. More than 150 fonts are available.
• Extended keyboard row with customizable keys.
• Dark Mode keyboard.
• Support TextExpander Touch Expansion. Updated to the latest SDKs of TETouch.
• Document Picker Support. Support "Import" and "Export" methods of document picker.
• Access Writemator files in iOS Files app.
• Extra app icons available to change the app icon.
• Customize your text and background color to any color, line spacing, font size to make your own writing room.
• Line spacing is improved from the older version of WriteRoom. Margin option is available.
• Siri Shortcuts.
• Tint color option.
• Sort the folder list by name or date, descending.
• Hide or unhide status bar. Dark mode status bar for dark background
• Scroll headings during typing to hide headings.
• Rename your document or folder.
• Swipe to delete a document or a folder.
• Detect links in a document.
• Support text right to left (useful for writers for languages like in Arabic)
• Powerful URLs scheme support
• Export and share file in PDF format.
• Hide or show file extensions ;html, css, plain text, ft, etc.
This update fixes a few bugs and made few enhancements.
Please leave a nice review (or spread the word) if you like Writemator. It really helps!
If you have any questions/ issues/suggestions then please contact me via email (email@example.com) or on twitter (@writemator)
Have a wonderful time ahead!
Ratings and Reviews
Writing a Book
This is my first experience writing a book with a stylus on a swipe keyboard, amd this is because I am increasingly unable to use a computer keyboard. This app has changed my writing proficiency tremendously. It is sophisticated yet simple. Easy to understand. Reliable. I tried other apps, and I experienced the loss of two chapters, over 25,000 words, and received no response from the developer. I'm aggression to mention the name. This app will make your writing experience so much more enjoyable for a small fee!
This app is IT. I have bought just about every notebook app and finally... the perfect one. Don’t change a thing!
Developer Response ,
Sync and user experience issues
1. Dropbox sync no longer works reliably. The app sometimes syncs, sometimes not. It can require using the “Sync All Now” menu item, which I don’t recall ever needing to use with the original WriteRoom. It just worked.
2. The use of the native Files UI is a jarring user experience and redundant with respect to WriteRoom’s original, uncluttered file listing. I would rather turn it off or hide it entirely, but this doesn’t seem to be an option.
Developer Response ,
Dear User, All dropbox sync issues are fixed in the latest version. Well- tested (dropbox sync feature) in the latest version. Files app integration is also integrated in a best possible way. Please update to the latest version and let me know if you have any questions.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- AMIT CHAUDHARY
- 80.8 MB
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 12.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2022 Writemator
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.