WSAZ First Warning Weather is proud to offer this full featured weather app for the iPhone and iPad platforms.
• Access to station content specifically for our mobile users
• 250 meter radar, the highest resolution available
• Future radar to see where severe weather is headed
• High resolution satellite cloud imagery
• Current weather updated multiple times per hour
• Daily and Hourly forecasts updated hourly from our computer models
• Ability to add and save your favorite locations
• A fully integrated GPS for current location awareness
• Severe weather alerts from the National Weather Service
• Opt-in push alerts to keep you safe in severe weather
Fix issue where old map radar data failed to refresh when launching the app.
Ratings and Reviews
Too many video alerts...
...that I can't turn off under the settings wheel. The app is great otherwise. Just let us turn off those video updates that come along several times every day, please.
Layout is Nice, Wet Bias
Easy to navigate; radar, hourly detailed forecast for 48 hours, daily forecast for 10 days are all one tap away.
The problem? The forecast is very often way off, and they are wet biased. For example, on Friday the app will say there’s a 80% chance of rain for Sunday. On Saturday it will say there’s a 60% chance of rain on Sunday. Sunday morning the chance will be down to 50%. Then Sunday afternoon , when you can look out your window and make a good forecast yourself, the app reports a 10% chance of rain, and Sunday is a completely dry day. Other media correctly forecast a 10% chance of rain all along.
This is frequent and unreliable when planning outdoor activities.
This app is the best app I have on my phone, period. Wall to wall coverage of all things weather for our area. Voice notifications throughout the day that leads to videos from our local meteorologists about weather for that block of time. I simply can’t say enough good things! I HIGHLY recommend this app.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.