The WTOC Mobile Weather App includes:
* Access to station content specifically for our mobile users
* 250 meter radar, the highest resolution available
* Future radar to see where severe weather is headed
* High resolution satellite cloud imagery
* Current weather updated multiple times per hour
* Daily and Hourly forecasts updated hourly from our computer models
* Ability to add and save your favorite locations
* A fully integrated GPS for current location awareness
* Severe weather alerts from the National Weather Service
* Opt-in push alerts to keep you safe in severe weather
* performance improvements
Ratings and Reviews
The app is very slow. Takes forever to load anything. I also hate when I click away from it for 5 seconds, reopen the app, and it reloads everything. Which then takes me another 5 minutes to get back to where I was. So annoying. I really like the alerts and thing they are definitely a plus. Really the only reason I’m giving it 3 starts. It also takes forever for any videos to load.
Mediocre at best
The most annoying thing with this app is getting “Weather Alerts” constantly for areas that are HUNDREDS OF MILES AWAY! Every time I clear the notification, it pops back up. So my only choice is to turn off notifications altogether for this app - which is ridiculous - because what to do if there is an actual emergency? Annoying.
Weather info is nice, radar is good. Ads are annoying.
The way the app is laid out makes it feel that it isn’t optimized for the iPhone 5 screen (but it is). I don’t like hating on a local business’s app but it needs improvements.
Needs iPad and iPhone x optimization
Don’t understand how the news app is optimized but the weather app isn’t. Will change rating once it’s optimized for both the iPad and iPhone X, until then will delete and use another weather app for local support. Smh, again news app decent and optimized weather app nope. Makes sense right.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.