"Wonderful for the imagination" - AppAdvice
"If you haven't heard of Wunderverse, now is as good a time as ever to check it out." -- TouchArcade
Wunderverse is a place for endless adventure. Out here you can explore and create unlimited interactive adventure tales in a fun, new environment made for your imagination.
- A complete platform for interactive storytelling adventure on Mac and iOS.
- Collect and explore adventures written and imagined by others
- Create your own absorbing, interactive adventures through a new form of storytelling
- Take advantage of a rich rules system with over 75 unique Events, Outcomes and Conditions, plus unlimited Skills, Abilities, and more for you to weave player chance and choice into every adventure you create.
- Imagine untold places, characters, and objects for players to discover through an open storytelling environment
- Share adventures with friends to explore
- Publish your adventures for everyone in the Wunderverse to play!
Wunderverse was designed as a way for anyone to play, create, and share exciting adventure tales with untold places to discover, characters to meet, mysteries to solve, and treasures to find.
No programming skills are needed to create and enjoy your own adventures in Wunderverse. Through a fun and versatile rules system and an open narrative environment you can set up endless obstacles and challenges for players to overcome as they explore your stories — all based on the actions players take, what they are carrying, their current conditions, their skills and abilities, random chance, and a myriad of other possibilities that make going on quests so much fun.
Currently, there are eight known worlds in the Wunderverse where exciting adventures can be created, shared and enjoyed. These include medieval times, ancient ruins, 40’s crime noir, a post-apocalyptic future, atomic space, a huge city, and more. And the Wunderverse is a big constellation! Diverse and interesting new worlds are bound to be discovered soon.
What are you waiting for!? Come explore in the Wunderverse!
Wunderverse includes lots of basic story editing tools for free. You can upgrade to the full set of story building tools with the Pro Tools upgrade subscription. Pro Tools subscriptions are for one year. Payment will be charged to your iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase. Your subscription will automatically renew unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period. Your account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period. You can manage your subscriptions and turn off auto-renewal in Account Settings after purchase.
A few minor updates and fixes in this release...
- A new Outcome for making all of the player’s possessions unavailable to use (they’re tied up and can't reach their backpack, for example!)
- You can now share early drafts of your stories with friends without meeting all the normal checklist requirements (if it’s missing a synopsis or main character, for example)
- The pop-up options menu for a story in Story Browser has a new option to let you revert to an earlier archived version of the story without having to open the Story Map. (Tap and hold on one of your stories in the Story Browser to access this options pop-up).
Ratings and Reviews
Really fun for interactive fiction
I've been using it on both iOS and Mac, and it's so cool to be able to create your own adventures. The rules system and options are pretty amazing, and the developers keep adding new features all the time. I wish there were more stories, but other than that, I love this app! It's a great platform for IF.
What Did You Do?
It was actually getting easy to use as I got the hang of it, it was a great game for me to play as a blind person with voiceover. But now, since you updated it, it's completely unusable for me! I was actually getting the hang of using it and had a really good game in progress, but now I'll NEVER be able to finish it unless you can somehow make the app accessible again. Please try at least, I enjoyed making games and want to do it again like everyone else.
Better than any other native app found in the store, but still glitchy
Randomly shuts down at times, refuses to follow some before action commands. The biggest issue is not allowing you to copy and paste nodes/ to remove characters from a mode without deleting them entirely.
I honestly feel cheated for buying the pro version.
That being said if those issues can be ironed out I could see this becoming an amazing workhorse
- Durable Brand Software LLC
- 60.7 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- © 2018 Durable Brand Software LLC
- In-App Purchases
- Pro Tools Upgrade $5.99
- The Pley $0.99
- Out of Gas $0.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.