"Wonderful for the imagination" - AppAdvice
"If you haven't heard of Wunderverse, now is as good a time as ever to check it out." -- TouchArcade
Wunderverse is a place for endless adventure. Out here you can explore and create unlimited interactive adventure tales in a fun, new environment made for your imagination.
- A complete platform for interactive storytelling adventure on Mac and iOS.
- Collect and explore adventures written and imagined by others
- Create your own absorbing, interactive adventures through a new form of storytelling
- Take advantage of a rich rules system with over 75 unique Events, Outcomes and Conditions, plus unlimited Skills, Abilities, and more for you to weave player chance and choice into every adventure you create.
- Imagine untold places, characters, and objects for players to discover through an open storytelling environment
- Share adventures with friends to explore
- Publish your adventures for everyone in the Wunderverse to play!
Wunderverse was designed as a way for anyone to play, create, and share exciting adventure tales with untold places to discover, characters to meet, mysteries to solve, and treasures to find.
No programming skills are needed to create and enjoy your own adventures in Wunderverse. Through a fun and versatile rules system and an open narrative environment you can set up endless obstacles and challenges for players to overcome as they explore your stories — all based on the actions players take, what they are carrying, their current conditions, their skills and abilities, random chance, and a myriad of other possibilities that make going on quests so much fun.
Currently, there are eight known worlds in the Wunderverse where exciting adventures can be created, shared and enjoyed. These include medieval times, ancient ruins, 40’s crime noir, a post-apocalyptic future, atomic space, a huge city, and more. And the Wunderverse is a big constellation! Diverse and interesting new worlds are bound to be discovered soon.
What are you waiting for!? Come explore in the Wunderverse!
Wunderverse includes lots of basic story editing tools for free. You can upgrade to the full set of story building tools with the Pro Tools upgrade subscription. Pro Tools subscriptions are for one year. Payment will be charged to your iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase. Your subscription will automatically renew unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period. Your account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period. You can manage your subscriptions and turn off auto-renewal in Account Settings after purchase.
New small features, UI refinements and performance optimizations...
- Added quick access to Custom Story Events directly from Story Map
- Improvements for showing updates in the Player Panel
- Improved performance when showing long lists of Story Objects and Characters
- Minor UI refinements in Story Map, Story Objects Panel, and Story Characters Panel
- List Story Objects alphabetically for easier reference
- List Custom Events alphabetically for easier reference
- Tweaked chances of escaping wandering monsters to make it a little more challenging
- Fix for "Illustrated by" credits on title screen being empty sometimes
- Fix for story thumbnail not showing in Share With Friends link
- Fix for crash when selecting Custom Events to trigger
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
This app seems to have nearly all the ingredients for a fantastic interactive fiction platform, and I really hope it catches on like wildfire. However, I'm holding back on 5 stars for now. The manual is pretty bare bones at this point, which doesn't dissuade me from finding my own way, but others may find this more daunting. The one other thing that I really feel is lacking is community. Now, to a great extent, this is to be expected due to its newness. However, I don't think the real name/email method of sharing is conducive to building a larger community base. I would really love to see some kind of pen name/account option for sharing stories with the public. TL;DR: if this kind of thing is your thing, and you are comfortable playing with software that still needs a little polish here and there, throw your money at this app.
The interactive fiction app we should all be using
I wanted this app for a long time. For me, the main appeal is that I can write interactive fiction on my mobile device, a strangely deficient niche in the mobile market.
When I finally stumbled upon this app, it was everything I wanted, and as an eager creator I wasted no time subscribing to the pro tools. It's still head and shoulders above anything else I've found.
My one complaint is that it's so packed with features it's sometimes a pain to account for the ones you don't want. Don't have any use for the player ability to crawl or crouch? You'll have to write something for those abilities anyway, because you can't toggle them off. You can rely on the default, generic "nothing happens when you do this" message, but only if it fits your tone. Want to write a story in first person? Get ready to overwrite every single default behavior that's written in second person.
But that and a few other minor quibbles don't change the fact that this is the best interactive fiction app not enough people are using. It depresses me to see the devs crafting such a superb engine and the relatively small crowd it's bringing in. This is the framework of a really wonderful mobile experience, and the only thing it's missing is you. Please have a look. See the potential, and love it like I do.
See you in the Wunderverse?
Developer Response ,
Thank you so much @robertdmoores. We have added the idea of customizing the default messages to our feature roadmap. Brilliant idea! So look for that ability in the near future. Also, the ability to turn off actions (i.e. those player positions).
Our favorite (and most important) way of improving Wunderverse is from the amazing ideas sent to us by folks like you. Thank you! Look for some cool new things coming soon, and even bigger things in the works for next year. Stay tuned!
What Did You Do?
It was actually getting easy to use as I got the hang of it, it was a great game for me to play as a blind person with voiceover. But now, since you updated it, it's completely unusable for me! I was actually getting the hang of using it and had a really good game in progress, but now I'll NEVER be able to finish it unless you can somehow make the app accessible again. Please try at least, I enjoyed making games and want to do it again like everyone else.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Durable Brand Software LLC
- 67.6 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- 12+ Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- © 2018 Durable Brand Software LLC
- In-App Purchases
- Pro Tools Upgrade $5.99
- Out of Gas $0.99
- The Pley $0.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.