The WUWM Public Radio App allows you to listen to WUWM, pause and rewind the live audio and view the program schedule all at once. You can explore On Demand content and wake up to WUWM with the alarm clock.
• DVR-like controls (pause, rewind, and fast forward). You can pause the live stream to have a conversation and pick up right where you left off. Or rewind to catch a comment you just missed.
• Listen to live streams from WUWM even while traveling.
• Listen to WUWM in the background while browsing the web or catching up on your emails.
• Access WUWM programs easily and quickly.
• DVR-like controls. Pause, rewind and fast forward your program with ease.
• When listening to programs, individual segments (when available) are listed so you can review and choose one or listen to the entire program.
• Easy to access past programs.
• The WUWM Public Radio App displays the web page associated with the program or program segment you are listening to On Demand so you can explore for more information.
• Easily share stories and programs with family and friends.
• A built in Sleep Timer and Alarm Clock allows you to go to sleep and wake up to your favorite station.
The WUWM Public Radio App is brought to you by the people at WUWM and Public Media Apps. We work to provide our valued listeners with great solutions to find what you want, when you want it, and where you want it.
Please support WUWM by becoming a member today!
- Performance enhancements and bug fixes
- Your feedback helps us make our app better for everyone. Please send us your suggestions via the "Help" section of the app!
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
So nice to listen to WUWM/NPR in Northwoods
When I’m up north and a radio can’t pick up a single NPR station, I can sit around a fire pit at night and listen to my favorite NPR programs with this app and a weak Internet connection. Whether in Northwoods or Milwaukee, I enjoy reading and listening to the extensive local reporting. The app allows me to catch up on local stories at my leisure. While walking along the lakefront or a county park trail, I can listen to live streaming of All Things Considered. Program interruptions to pitch for donations occur but are not oppressive.
I love this app when it works.
That said, every other time I use it I get a “support for streaming brought to you by...” interruption about every 45 seconds. There will be 5 min of suppport messages with 10-15 sec bursts of the actual broadcast interspersed, or sometimes the support messages interrupt other support messages 😓
I understand that the station and this app rely on donations but it’s as frustrating as it is redundant to have a news story be completely and randomly interrupted by a 10ish second long advertisement to support the station when we already hear adds to support said station during regular commercial breaks. Very frustrating as often times this leads to crucial details, information or facts being missed from news broadcasts.
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Search History
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- UNIVERSITY OF WISCONSIN MILWAUKEE
- 29.4 MB
Requires iOS 12.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- © 2015 Sky Blue Technologies Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.