Each year, hundreds of thousands of people visit WVU Medicine J.W. Ruby Memorial Hospital, in Morgantown, West Virginia. Some are patients, while others are spending time with a loved one who is hospitalized. And some are accompanying a friend or family member who is having a medical procedure or test performed.
The new WVU Medicine app makes it easy to navigate the hospital and track a patient’s status. The app:
· Routes guests through all publicly-accessible areas on levels one through four of the hospital; that includes lobbies and waiting areas, clinical departments, cafeteria, Starbucks, and gift shop.
· Routes guests to the nurses’ station on levels five through 10 of the hospital.
· Updates guests on the status of a patient during a procedure or test; there are event push notifications if you opt-in.
· Allows users to provide feedback about their experience at the hospital.
The app will continue to expand to meet the needs of patients and visitors. Please watch for updates.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
The app has a simple and straight forward feel to it and it makes it easy to navigate the Ruby Memorial Hospital. I hope to see more of their facilities available in the near future but this is a great start. I am glad to see WVU medicine this type of assistance to patients. As a new patient myself recently I feel that the standard of care provided by WVU medicine is second to none. I look forward to seeing what’s next!
I recently moved to Morgantown and was surprised to have such a large and impressive hospital near me, Ruby. After downloading the app, it will be easier to navigate without assistance, my preferred method. Also, I hope I don’t have to use the waiting room function in the future but it sure would have been handy in the past for my family.
Application is buggy and provides no information for inside and outside clinics in Morgantown. No contact numbers or anything else listed for help with hospital locations if a patient is lost or disoriented on the large medical campus.
Developer Response ,
We are sorry to hear about your recent experience. Can you please provide us detail as to what was not working for you in the app? Also in regards to other facilities including our clinics we have plans to continue to expand to other facilities. In fact we are adding additional facilities at this time and in the near future we will provide a set of functionality for clinics. Do you have any suggestions on what features you would like to see for the clinics? Again we appreciate the feedback and we look forward to hearing from you soon.
- West Virginia United Health System, Inc.
- 221.7 MB
- Health & Fitness
Requires iOS 12.4 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © WVU Medicine
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.