Take the WXII 12 News app with you everywhere you go and be the first to know of breaking news happening in Winston-Salem and the surrounding area. Always stay up to date with the latest local news, national, sports, traffic, political, entertainment stories and much more. Download the WXII 12 News app for free today.
Our Local News, Weather and Sports App Features Include:
- Winston-Salem breaking news alerts with push notifications
- Live streaming breaking news updates from our WXII 12 News reporters when it happens, where it happens
- Local news submission area for breaking news, news tips and the ability to email your news photos and videos right to our newsroom to be featured on air
- Up to date, current local weather conditions, hourly Winston-Salem weather updates, and 7 day forecasts
- An interactive radar that lets you zoom in and out to street level and watch storms as they approach. Move the map around to see major weather activity
- Share stories via email or your social media pages
- Winston-Salem weather alerts and updates, weather videocasts and more
Improved iOS 14 support and fixes
New top stories widget for your iOS 14 Home Screen
Other simple bug fixes and performance improvements
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
I love WXII! I’m mostly please with the app too. However, the app can be frustrating. Whenever I get an alert on my phone for ‘breaking news’, or ‘weather alert’ and I click the alert- it doesn’t take me to the actual place to read more about it. It just takes me to the home page and I have to search for the story. Sometimes the app hasn’t even been updated with the new info that I just got the alert for.
WXII SCREWED IT UP!
The old Weather App was excellent - 5 stars for that but it’s being scrapped. The weather on the current site is terrible. It can be pouring rain but nothing shows on the map. I can’t get it to “remember” my chosen area no matter how many times I set it. Don’t even think about using it if you are in a hurry.
The traffic part of the app is completely useless. I can be stuck sitting in traffic on 52 for twenty minutes and it shows nothing! NEVER count on it for traffic.
The news arrangements make no sense. The stories are all over the place when it comes to organizing content. Often stories stay up for several days when you know that plenty of other stories could & should replace them.
If you like ads and have plenty of time to sit through them to get to where you need to go, maybe you won’t mind using this.
Sometimes quite frustrating
The biggest reason that I use the WXII app is for weather. Frequently the weather video is many hours if not days behind, especially on the weekend. I would think that once the weather had been aired at the different times during the day, the recording could be posted fairly quickly. Many times I check it around 1:00 or 2:00 PM and the 6:00 AM video is still on. Or checking the weather mid-morning on Saturday or Sunday it may still be the Friday night forecast.
I do appreciate the weather alerts, though.
Thanks for your hard work!
- Hearst Television
- 105.4 MB
Requires iOS 13.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Arabic, Burmese, Cambodian, Chinese, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Filipino, Finnish, French, German, Hebrew, Hindi, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Laotian, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2019, Hearst Properties Inc. on behalf of WXII-TV
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.