Wyoming Public Radio App:
The Wyoming Public Radio App allows you to listen to WPR, pause and rewind the live audio, and view the program schedule for all the WPR streams at once! You can explore On Demand content, search for programs, bookmark a program for later, and wake up to WPR with the alarm clock!
• DVR-like controls (pause, rewind, and fast forward). You can pause the live stream to have a conversation and pick up right where you left off! Or rewind to catch a comment you just missed!
• Listen to live streams from WPR even while traveling! Start the app and your favorite station starts playing – no clicks to start listening.
• Integrated program schedules for all the WPR streams!
• One click stream switching – flip over to the program you noticed on another stream with a single click.
• Listen to WPR in the background while browsing the web or catching up on your emails!
• Access WPR’s programs easily and quickly.
• DVR-like controls. Pause, rewind and fast forward your program with ease.
• When listening to programs, individual segments (when available) are listed so you can review and choose one or listen to the entire program.
• Easy to access past programs.
• The Wyoming Public Radio App displays the web page associated with the program or program segment you are listening to On Demand so you can explore for more information.
• Save what you were listening to (Live or On Demand) so you can replay, follow-up, or share it later by simply clicking “Bookmark”.
• The unique “Search Public Radio” feature finds stories or on demand programs across hundreds of stations and web pages and makes it easy to play instantly.
• Easily share stories and programs with family and friends via the “Share” button.
• A built in Sleep Timer and Alarm Clock allows you to go to sleep and wake up to your favorite station.
The Wyoming Public Radio App is brought to you by the people at WPR and Public Media Apps. We work to provide our valued listeners with great solutions to find what you want, when you want it, and where you want it.
Please support Wyoming Public Radio by making your donation today!
Performance enhancements and bug fixes
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Most Utilized/Not Too Stable App
I travel three weeks a month and the WPR app gets 1 to 2 hours of use each day, keeping me connected to what’s going on “back home.”
When it works, that is. It doesn’t seem to be very stable on iPhone X. Once a week, typically, it just won’t work seemingly getting stuck. Hopefully the developers get the app refined and another version issued.
Otherwise, I love it. Pleasing and useful layout. I like being able to toggle between “channels.”
Great content/app now worse
Though I’m only 9 miles over the border into MT, I can’t pick up WPR’s signal, so I stream it on my iPhone & iPad. The app is glitchy when trying to get it to play, as many other Apple product users have commented about. The app seems to be getting worse & will play only about 50% of the time. I’ve deleted & reinstalled it with no success. When I can get it to play, there’s an abundance of content to stream or play on demand. Wyoming Public Radio is hands down my favorite NPR station & one I proudly support. I just wish the app was reliable. Please, don’t make me listen to Yellowstone Public Radio!
Good app but needs to be updated for XR
I’ve used and enjoyed the WPR app for a long time and across a lot of devices. Wherever I am it keeps me up to date on Wyoming news and music (& NPR) wherever I am. Wyoming Public Radio is our state’s most ubiquitous station and its staff is full of amazing journalists and radio personalities. It’s podcasts are some of the best anywhere. Thanks WPR for keeping me informed and connected. Will be 5 stars once the app is updated to better support iPhone XR
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.