Wyoming Public Media App:
The Wyoming Public Media App allows you to listen to WPM, pause and rewind the live audio, and view the program schedule for all the WPM streams at once! You can explore On Demand content, search for programs, bookmark a program for later, and wake up to WPM with the alarm clock!
• DVR-like controls (pause, rewind, and fast forward). You can pause the live stream to have a conversation and pick up right where you left off! Or rewind to catch a comment you just missed!
• Listen to live streams from WPM even while traveling! Start the app and your favorite station starts playing – no clicks to start listening.
• Integrated program schedules for all the WPM streams!
• One click stream switching – flip over to the program you noticed on another stream with a single click.
• Listen to WPM in the background while browsing the web or catching up on your emails!
• Access WPM’s programs easily and quickly.
• DVR-like controls. Pause, rewind and fast forward your program with ease.
• When listening to programs, individual segments (when available) are listed so you can review and choose one or listen to the entire program.
• Easy to access past programs.
• The Wyoming Public Media App displays the web page associated with the program or program segment you are listening to On Demand so you can explore for more information.
• Save what you were listening to (Live or On Demand) so you can replay, follow-up, or share it later by simply clicking “Bookmark”.
• The unique “Search Public Radio” feature finds stories or on demand programs across hundreds of stations and web pages and makes it easy to play instantly.
• Easily share stories and programs with family and friends via the “Share” button.
• A built in Sleep Timer and Alarm Clock allows you to go to sleep and wake up to your favorite station.
The Wyoming Public Media App is brought to you by the people at WPM and Public Media Apps. We work to provide our valued listeners with great solutions to find what you want, when you want it, and where you want it.
Please support Wyoming Public Media by making your donation today!
Performance enhancements and bug fixes
Your feedback helps us make our app better for everyone. Please send us your suggestions via the "Settings and Help" section of the app!
Ratings and Reviews
Most Utilized/Not Too Stable App
I travel three weeks a month and the WPR app gets 1 to 2 hours of use each day, keeping me connected to what’s going on “back home.”
When it works, that is. It doesn’t seem to be very stable on iPhone X. Once a week, typically, it just won’t work seemingly getting stuck. Hopefully the developers get the app refined and another version issued.
Otherwise, I love it. Pleasing and useful layout. I like being able to toggle between “channels.”
Great content/app now worse
Though I’m only 9 miles over the border into MT, I can’t pick up WPR’s signal, so I stream it on my iPhone & iPad. The app is glitchy when trying to get it to play, as many other Apple product users have commented about. The app seems to be getting worse & will play only about 50% of the time. I’ve deleted & reinstalled it with no success. When I can get it to play, there’s an abundance of content to stream or play on demand. Wyoming Public Radio is hands down my favorite NPR station & one I proudly support. I just wish the app was reliable. Please, don’t make me listen to Yellowstone Public Radio!
Good app but needs to be updated for XR
I’ve used and enjoyed the WPR app for a long time and across a lot of devices. Wherever I am it keeps me up to date on Wyoming news and music (& NPR) wherever I am. Wyoming Public Radio is our state’s most ubiquitous station and its staff is full of amazing journalists and radio personalities. It’s podcasts are some of the best anywhere. Thanks WPR for keeping me informed and connected. Will be 5 stars once the app is updated to better support iPhone XR
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Search History
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- University of Wyoming
- 31.6 MB
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 12.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- © 2016 Sky Blue Technologies Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.