NOTE: This is the PRO version of X-Anatomy, which includes ALL existing and all FUTURE body section modules. If you would like to try the X-Anatomy interface first, download the X-Anatomy FREE version. If you think you need only a basic set of body sections, consider the X-Anatomy BASIC version.
X-Anatomy is a transaxial cross-sectional human anatomy interactive medical imaging atlas using CT images, designed for medical professionals & all students of anatomy.
X-Anatomy is developed and maintained by board-certified physicians who were unsatisfied with the inadequacy of the existing anatomy apps and books with lack of clinically relevant detail or poor interface.
We created X-Anatomy to use for ourselves, tested and used in clinical practice and as an interactive learning resource. Therefore, we developed and maintain these features:
• Includes hundreds of images from actual human patient body scans.
• Detailed anatomic notes about muscles, vessels, and key anatomic structures
• Includes lymph node stations for neck cancers (AJR), breast cancers (AJCC), lung cancers (IASLC) used by surgeons, oncologists, radiologists, radiation oncologists, etc. Includes liver segment (Couinaud) classifications.
• Complete color-coded index of anatomic structures
• FOLLOW the positions and pathways of your selected anatomic structures automatically as you SCROLL through the image slices.
• Use the intuitive BODY LOCALIZER to show you where you are as you scroll through the body, as well as the general region of the anatomic structure
INCLUDED body section modules cover the major body sections from head to pelvis: CT Brain, CT Neck, CT Sinuses, CT Chest, CT Lungs, CT Abdomen & Male Pelvis, CT Abdomen & Female Pelvis.
Who uses X-Anatomy? We have received reports from people all over the world, including:
• Physicians and residents of all specialties, including radiologists, nuclear medicine, radiation oncologists, surgeons, neurologists, gastroenterologists, primary care, physical rehabilitation, etc., all physicians whose patients need CT scans.
• Medical students and pre-medical students
• Imaging technologists and students (x-ray/CT/PET/MRI)
• Nurses and nursing students, nurse practitioners, physician assistants
• Physical therapists and students
• Chiropractors and students
• All health care personnel
• Biomedical-related scientists and researchers who need a cross sectional human anatomy reference
• Anyone interested in learning about the human body or has had a CT scan of themselves and has taken home a copy of the images.
• New interface enhancements. For example, new haptic feedback (on iPhone 7, 7 Plus, 8, 8 Plus, X) while scrolling through image slices improves fine control of image slice selection.
• Now updated for the iPhone X display
• Now compatible with iOS 11
Ratings and Reviews
Great start, keep adding
Working radiologist here. Great app when you don’t want to get up from the workstation to look up some random pelvic muscle. Would like to see lower and upper extremity anatomy added, like the dearly departed Monster Anatomy series that while useful was not updated to work with current iOS versions.
A must have app for radiologists
As a radiologist, I find this app very useful and it gives you a better understanding of radiological anatomy.. Hoping to be regularly updated and to make some changes to the user interface.. thanks for the efforts.. it’s a must have application for radiologists in specific and physicians of different specialties in general.
I love the set up and explanation of each part but more anatomy needs to be included. Where are the extremities??? Otherwise it's great. I love the can scroll through slices like in PACS. very very helpful.........new xpro is very nice. It partially upsets me that it all became free after I paid for them all but what can you do.
- Francis Isidoro
- 137.1 MB
Requires iOS 11.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- © 2011 Francis Isidoro, MD, Isidoro Medical Engineering
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.