X-Dups finds your duplicate and similar photos on your iOS devices so you can automatically delete duplicates and then review similar photos in image pairs to quickly decide what to keep. Streamline your photos and free up loads of storage space!
With everyone on social media, it’s easy to receive the same image from multiple people. At an event or on a vacation, we often take many photos that are similar. Now it is simple to keep only the images you want.
*Let X-Dups scan the images on your device. You can automatically delete duplicates and then review similar photos in image pairs.
* Do not worry about your albums changing because images have been deleted. X-Dups will automatically replace the deleted image with the image you kept, maintaining the integrity of the album.
* All images deleted will only be permanently deleted from the device if you remove them from the Recently Deleted album in the Photos App.
HOW IT WORKS
* Touch the “Scan” button for X-Dups to scan Photos on your device.
* When the scan is complete, use the slider to select your desired % different to allow X-Dups to show the image pairs you would like to review.
* Touch the “View Results” button and view the related image pairs. You may wonder why some photos look like duplicates and still show a small % difference. This is because two images may look the same but have small differences due to compression or other factors.
* Let X-Dups auto-select the images to remove or you can make this choice yourself. Touch the image to mark or unmark it for deletion. A red box will surround a photo selected for deletion.
* Touching the trashcan will delete your selected photo with the red boxes. All images deleted will only be permanently deleted from the device if you remove them from the Recently Deleted album in the Photos App.
*You can go back and forth through the image pairs by swiping.
* If an image pair are not duplicates and you want to keep both pictures, you can tell the app by touching the “Not Duplicate” button and that image pair will no longer appear in the review, even if you rescan your images.
This app has been updated by Apple to use the latest Apple signing certificate.
Ratings and Reviews
Functions as advertised. Needs updating. On a photos folder with 30k+ photos can take over 10 dedicated iPad hours. Needs way to limit scan to an album and/or by a date range. Better feedback during scan other than the percentage would also be helpful.
Misses some obvious duplicate photos. As stated has not been updated for improvements.
Not clear if it continues to run in background. Does not seem to pick up where it left off if closed and although there claims to be saved data, there is no indication of the amount saved or the content. As stated whenever the scan is run it seems to take the same amount of time, growing longer as the photos grow. When it does start it seems to get to the fifty percent-tile quickly but then increases slowly. See app feedback comment above.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Scott Triggs
- 795.6 KB
- Photo & Video
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 8.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- © Scott Triggs
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.