Xalophone is a musical instrument and sound synthesizer for exploring your relationship with sound, anywhere. Accent or blot out environmental noise, make beats and rhythms on the go, jam with friends and audio-visually meditate.
Xalophone transforms your finger movements into rich sound shapes.
Because Xalophone is a digital being, it can reshape itself to any level of difficulty, from from beginner to master. It comes preloaded with a number of interesting instrument presets, but you can edit and create your own through the rich interface on the Xi Control Ring. Even in your first session with Xalophone, you'll create interesting and powerful sounds, regardless you background in musical.
You can play Xalophone without looking at it! Xalophone while engaging the world around you*.
Watch a 30 second video to see how it works, or download it for free to see, hear and learn Xalophone for yourself. Headphones, EarPods, AirPods are recommended for an immersive sound experience.
Works on iPhone 6S, iPhone 6S Plus, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max and iPhone 11
30 second demo: https://youtu.be/zYjWU4Wmj_Q
*Please use a good protective case/cover if you are going to engage in any physical activities while Xalophoning.
• Pressure sensitive touch control of up to 8 oscillators/soundwave generators allows construction of complex harmonies
• 5 different sound wave forms: sine, triangle, square, sawtooth and reverse sawtooth waves
• Adjustable musical note range: From half an octave up to 8 octaves
• Divide octaves into 1 to 12 intervals: 12 corresponds to the classic western musical scales, like on a piano; alternate values offer different sound relationships between notes
• Colorful visualization options shows you which notes are being pressed
• Circular note/frequency layout enables playing without looking at the screen, so you can play Xalophone while doing other things
• Add time delay effects to make your sounds echo to the beat, create spooky sound effects, and add whole other dimensions to you music
• Everything note and tune you play is saved: Replay any sound you previously made exactly as you played it, anytime!
• High quality audio file export to AAC .m4a format allows you to share your music or save it for playback on other devices
• Sharing feature allows you to send your xaltracks to friends by text message, email, social media, and other file sharing applications, even if they don't have Xalophone installed
• Best with wired headphones, airpods, or attached to a high fidelity speaker system
Over a dozen new instrument configuration presets.
More export file formats: high definition and small file size options now available, so you can share easily with your friends or produce high quality audio for use in other applications.
Updated interface with performance improvements: browsing your saved xalophonic instruments is faster than ever.
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Xalnaut Inc.
- 19.4 MB
- Requires iOS 11.1 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.1 or later.
- Age Rating
- © Xalnaut Inc. 2020
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.