If you have any problems or for any feedback, please drop us a note at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit our support forum at http://kodimusicremote.com!
- New sort options "folders by name" and "folders by date" for the "Files and Folders" view and add-ons
- Adapted to iPhone X and iOS 11
- Adapted to Kodi 18 (Leia)
- Widget: Cleaner animation
- Bugfix: If an artist is played and a filter is on, tracks that don't match the filter are played
- Bugfix: Albums are not loaded with Kodi 18 (Leia)
- Bugfix: When playing all tracks of an artist, tracks of compilation albums are played that don't belong to the artist (and that are not shown)
- Bugfix: In party mode, play queue is not properly reloaded and wrong title is shown
Ratings and Reviews
After spending 2 weekends getting all my cd’s ripped to my NAS server, the final step was to add the NAS share to Kodi. I discovered this app while looking for info on how to set up lyrics, and was blown away. This beats the crap out of navigating my immense music library using the remote for my firetv cube that I have my Kodi install on. It’s very well thought out, and pretty simple to set up.
The feature set is deep and thus far it seems pretty solid. It even has a shortcuts feature to switch between multiple Kodi servers (and we have two of them). Very impressed!
Just the music!
XMBC/Kodi tries to do it all, muddling the interface. This app focuses on the music. Love the cached library, ease of queuing, but most of all the widget for super quick control of Kodi. Two suggestions (sorry :-) first: tap & hold an album etc to get an add to queue shortcut, second: shuffle albums (tracks in albums are in order). The iPad app really shines with a view of whatever I want. Like a list of Albums and then Artists all at the same time. Usually I can't make up my mind and go back and forth. No more. Also pretty nice artist info feature-- can read about artists from multiple sources
Developer Response ,
Glad you like the app :) Shortcuts for queuing and more are already on the todo list, thanks for the suggestion of shuffling albums. Feel free to write to email@example.com for more ideas.
In love with an app..
This app was made with absolute love, you can tell. Markus has tamed my huge music library with this app. Unlike ever before, I can now play my favorite music and even music I haven't plaid in years SIMPLY because it's finally so accessible! Some of the best money I have spent in all my years on the App Store.
1. User changeable background within the app.
2. Karaoke. Please consider letting us control our karaoke libraries as well. I understand that 16.x doesn't support karaoke, but many of us are still on 15.x simply because we love our karaoke too much to upgrade.
Thanks a ton, Markus!
Developer Response ,
thank you for the praise and your input! About the user changeable background, I'm not sure which background you are referring to. About the Karaoke, which addon do you use? It depends if this addon provides some remote interface if this is technically possible. If you post to the forums or send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org, we can further discuss this. Best regards, Markus
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.