***NOTE: Compatible with iPad 3, iPad mini 2, iPhone 5 and up. WILL NOT be able to run on earlier generations, despite being able to purchase them on those devices***
XCOM®: Enemy Within is a standalone expansion to the 2012 strategy game of the year XCOM: Enemy Unknown and it's now available on iOS devices! Enemy Within features the core gameplay of Enemy Unknown plus more exciting content. Check out the new soldiers, abilities, enemies, maps, missions, and multiplayer mode for the fresh new strategy gaming experience!
• New Soldier Abilities: Build new base facilities to unlock unearthly new capabilities for XCOM’s soldiers. The Genetics Lab will allow soldiers to receive powerful genetic modifications, and the Cybernetics Lab allows soldiers to use devastating mechanized cybersuits in battle.
• New Weapons and Equipment: Give your operatives an extra tactical edge with new projects from your engineering team and the Foundry.
• New Enemy Threats: Adopt new tactics to counter the threats from two new alien types and a deadly new organization known as EXALT.
• New Strategic Resource: A valuable new alien resource, known as Meld, has been discovered. Secure it on the battlefield, research a new technology to unlock its power, and use it carefully back at base to unlock new upgrades and weaponry.
• New Story Elements: Investigate a terrifying threat in an abandoned fishing village, and defend the XCOM headquarters from alien attack in a series of new plot-driven missions.
• New Multiplayer maps, units, and abilities: Create your custom squad from a wider array of options and dominate your opponent in intense, one-on-one, turn-based matches.
NOTE: XCOM: Enemy Within is a graphically rich game with advanced features. To OPTIMIZE your playing experience, you may want to turn off other apps before playing.
The content of this videogame is fictional and is not intended to represent or depict an actual record of the events, persons, locations, or entities in the game’s setting. The makers and publishers of this videogame do not in any way endorse, condone or encourage engaging in any conduct depicted in this videogame.
Follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/xcom
Follow us on Twitter: @xcom
For more great games visit: http://www.2kgames.com/mobile/
18+ "запрещено для детей" for Russia
Terms of Service: http://www.take2games.com/legal/
End User License Agreement: http://www.take2games.com/eula/index.html
Addresses a crash on iPhone 8 devices
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Building upon 2K’s tactical masterpiece XCOM: Enemy Unknown, Enemy Within adds a bevy of new features that fundamentally alter and improve the experience. With new abilities and mission parameters unlocked from the very first mission, Enemy Within injects tension and surprise into every corner. Fans of Enemy Unknown will find a wealth of new weapons, enemies, and maps that change the game’s flow, while new players will be enthralled as they fend off an alien invasion in intense, turn-based battles.
The game has the same feel to the PC down to the shiv 's turning into soldier bug, decal reset on many soldiers bug, and even the backwards hand flip when selecting a weapon for the soldier bug. Everything gameplay-wise is there, it even has the main story from the previous one. But you might be asking, this file size is smaller then the PC version. Well, the things removed are: many duplicated cutscene of alien autopsys and alien interigations of individual aliens has been removed, as for the textures that gave it a high detail shine(agreeable from portable playing). Another thing removed is alien encounters on the field. Many pc players would know of this one, where if you encouter an alien, say the sectopod, It would play a cutscene of you encoutering it ingame. Not bash worthy, and totally understand that scripting can cost some frame rate issues. Last is some missions are missing. I dont know if anyone else has seen these council missions where saving a president or diplomat is still in the game but with these missing missions means missing maps to conquer. However, with the enemy within comes a whole lot more maps. Other then that the game plays the same as the pc with an OBVIOUS porting for phones. Would get if you have money to burn as its not like these pay2win games... Full game outta the box. But if you dont agree to the downsizing. Would wait for a discount to appear as either way the game is worth the boredom of phone games.
Xcom unknown vs xcom within
I originally owned the first version xcom unknown. Great game but had some stuttering bugs that annoyed me when playing. Xcom within has been a night and day difference. I'm playing on iPhone 6s Plus iOS 10.2 and seriously the loading is less than 5 seconds for me between launching the battle and being on the ground. In xcom unknown I'd sit there for 30 seconds or more. Graphics are better, controls are better, I have no issues with going up or down a level (use either two fingers swiping up/down or touch the camera icon and use the up/down icon). I'm more than 8 hours into the game with full power armor, new ships, exalt and weapons. I see the DLC for the game in the options but maps are smaller. To me this is a 9 out of 10. I love strategy and action games, this is fluid gameplay and can get really hard fast if you aren't smart with your strategy. Big difference between the two is the DLC, loading times and bigger battles with more than just aliens, humans too. But I must acknowledge that my experience is likely better because I'm on an iPhone 6s Plus so better processor (dual core) and more ram (2gb ram) than previous devices I've used (iPad 2-3, iPhone 5-6). I recommend but best experience will he with newer devices, with the DLC added this second installment was worth buying again for an experienced adult gamer; supports app switching (love I can take a call and get back into the Frey).
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- 2K, INC.
- 3.5 GB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 9.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Russian, Spanish
- Age Rating
- 17+ Frequent/Intense Realistic Violence Frequent/Intense Mature/Suggestive Themes Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References Frequent/Intense Profanity or Crude Humor
- © (C) 2005-2015 Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc.
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.