xDiagram application could help you make nice diagram graphic documents or UML documents quickly by keeping lines connected to shapes even when they're moved.
Functions of the application:
+ Support VISIO formats: VSDX, VSDM (Microsoft Visio Format)
+ IMPORT old VISIO formats: VSD, VSS (Import only)
+ Support many other formats: svg, png, jpeg, multi-pages tiff, pdf...
+ Sync document files to iCloud
+ SMART LINE / CONNECTOR:
Smart Line if attached to a shape will automatically change position every time when the main shape is moved, resized.
+ BASIC SHAPE (new):
There are 92 shapes to add to your diagram. You could add/change text to display inside the shape.
Drawing UML activity diagram will be easier using these shapes.
+ PRE-DEFINED IMAGES (new):
There are 1056 predefined nice images shapes for you to add to your diagram.
Shape types are as following:
+ OVER 2000 BEAUTIFUL SYMBOLS:
More than that, there are over 2000 beautiful symbols for you to add to the diagram.
+ ADD IMAGE:
You could add any image file (support file type: gif, jpeg, png, bmp, pict, tiff) to display as an item inside the application.
Image file could be shown in following modes: Stretch / Fit inside bound / Fit outside bound.
The application also allows to DRAG/DROP many image files directly from Finder or pasted image from clipboard to current editing window to add them to the diagram.
+ GENERATE UML CLASS DIAGRAM from C++/JAVA SOURCE:
By dragging C++ header(*.h) or Java files, folders into the diagram window, the application will auto-generate UML class diagram for you. (Accurate rate: 90%)
+ ALIGN MULTIPLE ITEMS:
Select many items then do right-click mouse to select alignment options as following:
(also allow to auto-align with another objects)
- Center (Horizontal or Vertical)
- Distribute ....
+ OPEN/SAVE to "*.UMD3" file:
UMD3 (*.umd3) is the new file type created only for this application.
Press “Cmd + S" to save current diagram to an UMD3 file so that you could load it later for editing.
+ EXPORT TO IMAGE FILE:
Press "Cmd + E" to export current diagram to an image file with format of VSDX, SVG, PDF, TIFF or PNG or JPEG.
+ SUPPORT PRINT:
Press "Cmd + P" to print current document.
+ CAPTURE TO CLIPBOARD:
Press "Cmd + 4" or click on Capture button to export current diagram image to clipboard, then you could paste that image to another application.
Example: Open [Preview] application, press "Cmd + N" to paste above captured image to view or to save to an image file.
Of course, you could paste that image to Excel, Word application too.
- Unlimited Undo/Redo (shortcut key: Cmd-Z / Shift-Cmd-Z)
- Copy / Paste (shortcut key: Cmd-C / Cmd-V)
- Duplicate select items (shortcut key: Cmd-D)
- Group / Ungroup Items (shortcut key: Cmd-G / Shift-Cmd-G)
- Lock/Unlock items position (shortcut key: Cmd-L / Shift-Cmd-L)
- Rotate left, rotate right (shortcut key: Cmd-J / Cmd-K)
- Press Cmd+T to move, resize group of items temporary
- Short cut key CMD+B, CMD+I to change text to Bold or Italic
- User could drag right mouse on a current shape to create a new attached object with line
- Double click on the canvas to create a new text box item
- Allow to switch current select object to another shape type
- Allow to change selected items display order
- Scale size of select items
- Path boolean operations supported
- Flip select items
- Shadow supported
- Snap to Grid
- Auto Align with another object when resize or move
- Change display order
- Export to png, jpeg, tiff, pdf image file (shortcut key: Cmd-E)
- Print supported (shortcut key: Cmd-P)
- Customizable color / Font / Size / Line Type
- Support gradient fill to shapes
- Customize measure unit and scale (point, cm, mm, inch….)
- Allow to Export image in 300dpi
- Allow user to select items then save them to Favorites list to reuse later
- Improve UI
- Fix bugs
- Support Apple Silicon
- Support macOS 11 Big Sur
- Support Find/Replace text
- Support multi-canvas (multi-tabs) for each document
- Improve Grid setting, Snap setting (add minor step setting...)
- Improve polyline object (support curve segment...)
- "CMD-9" to change zoom to fit to canvas size
- Allow to change arrow size of each line
- Allow to change theme color of all items inside current document
- Support fill setting: Pattern
- Add modify functions: Copy/Paste properties
- Add modify functions: Apply Gradient fill to multi objects
- Unit setting for each document: each document support different unit setting
- Allow to resize, move sub-object (which is inside a group) individually
- Allow to resize canvas from all directions
- User can move, resize object to outside of canvas's printable area
- Improve app's performance
- Support rich text format
- Allow to add hyperlink/description to shapes
- Hold SPACE-BAR to maneuver/scroll around document
- Hold ALT key then drag items to clone/duplicate
- Hold 'A' key then drag mouse to create a new smart connection line
- Add "keep proportion ratio" property
- Improve ColorWell UI
- Support rotated table
- Press shortcut key 'F' to edit shape's path, points
- Add more text-align setting
- Add 'Merge layers' function
- Improve UI of "More Shapes" dialog
- Support multi-languages: English, Deutsch, Français, 日本語, 한국어, Español, Português, Čeština, Dansk, Suomi, Italiano, Nederlands, Norsk, Polski, Русский, Svenska, ไทย, Türkçe, Tiếng Việt, 中文（中国）, 中文（台灣）
- Improve print dialog (add Detail controls to print dialog)
- Allow users to copy/paste selected layer
- Add Decimal Precision setting
- Add more arrow types (architectural ticks....)
- Support sync to iCloud
- Import from Visio's VSD, VSS format
- Import multi-pages tiff format
Ratings and Reviews
Amazingly easy to use, very versatile
I am not a flowchart expert. Or even a flowchart user, until now. I had an idea for a flowchart I wanted to make so I did a little searching and found xDiagram. Wow. For someone with no flowcharting experience, this app was fantastic. It was so easy to quickly slap together my chart, edit shapes and line thickness, move things around. I've barely scratched the surface of this app but i can already tell it's a labor of love. Just the automatic alignment feature alone blows my mind (it automatically shows you whether your current object is aligned with those around it, making it easy to adjust positioning). I don't know if this does everything a flowcharting app should do, but it did everything I needed with basically zero learning curve. A Mac program made the way it should be, easy and intuitive.
Update: I’ve been using this now and then for a number of jobs. I’ve found it’s also great at importing and moving around clip art. I’ve been working on a chart about media bias for my students and this was the perfect app, again. Still can’t recommend enough. It’s rare that I gush about an app but this one is just so lovingly designed. I wish I knew the person who made it so I could shake their hand in gratitude!
2ndUpdate (2018): Still can’t say enough how much I love this app. Now I’m using it to plan where the furniture goes in my new apartment. Works like a charm.
The best tool for UML and other diagrams - NOW BETTER!
I've used it for several years and it's terrific. It works for UML diagrams and other types, including general-purpose diagrams for books and articles. I've paid more for other tools that didn't do nearly as much or do it nearly as well.
October 12, 2017: I originally reviewed this app a while back, and everything I said before is still true. But now the app has something that I wish all apps had: The nag dialog asking me to review the app in the App Store now has a button saying STOP THIS MESSAGE. I have several apps that I like fine except that they constantly NAG me to review them in the App Store. Finally, an app developer realized that if you want good reviews, you shouldn't annoy the daylights out of your users. Well done, Tien Thinh Vu!
One of the most intuitive software programs ever developed
If you've ever tried to create a flowchart or org chart in PowerPoint, you know how frustrating creation of these types of documents can be. xDiagram to the rescue. I read reviews of a number of flowchart software programs on the Mac Appstore and I'm glad I paid attention to the rating of xDiagram. I'm literally blown away with how easy and intuitive this software is to use. I was able to create a fairly complex flowchart that was visually pleasing within an hour of downloading the software. The documentation is reallly good, but the software is so intuitive, you really don't even need it. I'm so pleased with my purchase. This software is worth every penny.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Tien Thinh Vu
- 85.7 MB
- Graphics & Design
- Requires macOS 10.11 or later.
English, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- © 2021 Vu Tien Thinh
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.