This app is targeted at enthusiasts & professionals working in digital music production.
Xequence is a comprehensive, fast & reliable MIDI sequencer, editor, arranger & controller for iPhone & iPad.
Providing a desktop-class editing experience, it is the perfect centerpiece for your hardware studio, or for apps like AUM & Audiobus 3 to create a modular mobile music production environment.
- Efficient and fast User Interface for an amazing mobile editing workflow
- Full support for scales and scale-based editing throughout the app (keyboard, pianoroll, etc.)
- Over 70 scales in 10 categories included
- Full Ableton Link 3 support
- Full Audiobus 3 support
- Robust MIDI File Import & Export (notes, controllers, program changes, track names, etc.)
- Best-in-class MIDI timing and clock output
- MIDI Time Stretching support in all editors
- Full MIDI In & Thru with rechannelization & rerouting
- MIDI Sync Master (Clock/Start/Stop/Continue/SPP) - other DAWs & sequencers can run in sync with Xequence, e.g. to use audio tracks, or external drum machines. Several modes for full compatibility
- Unlimited Clips
- Unlimited Tracks
- Unlimited Sub Tracks per Track
- 64 Undo/Redo steps
- Fully adjustable grid
- Per-track non-destructive Swing & MIDI Delay
- Clips can be independent or linked (editing the original modifies all copies)
- Powerful clip-based, per-track independent looping
- Program changes
- Selection tools: Marquee/Rectangle, Same Track, Same Instrument, Linked Clips, Invert, etc.
- Editing tools: Create Copy, Create Linked Copy, Unlink, Split, Join, Convert loops to clips, etc.
- All edits can be performed across multiple tracks and clips
- Global clipboard, even between projects
- Movement/Trimming Handles at screen edges for efficient editing
- 256 Undo/Redo steps
- Fully scale-aware
- Relative or absolute grid: Snap Events to nearest grid line, or move by grid increments
- Live previews of all edits
- Selection tools: Box, Same Note, Same Key, Same Beat Position, Invert, etc.
- Editing tools: Copy, Legato, Quantize, Quantize Ends, Octave +/-, Flip H/V (mirror), Fill clip with selection, etc.
- Smart Draw mode: Touch to create, touch again to delete, drag up/down to transpose, drag left/right to change length
- Global clipboard, even between projects
- Note velocities can be adjusted quickly via a handle, or edited just like controllers, see below:
- 256 Undo/Redo steps
- Selection tools: Box, Same Beat Position, Invert
- Selection modes: Add & Replace
- Editing tools: Copy, Reduce, Quantize, Compress/Expand, Flip H/V (mirror), Ramp (various curves), Fill clip with selection
- Smart Draw mode
- Note Velocities can be shown as controllers and edited with the same tools
KEYBOARD / CONTROLLER:
- Fully scale-aware, very playable single or dual keyboards
- Glide support
- Freely adjustable key width
- Velocity emulation (via vertical position on key)
- Drum maps and pads, fully editable, 40+ factory maps
- Touch ribbons next to the keyboard for live control
- All controllers can be played by sliding (ribbon), device rotation (up to three axes simultaneously), played like a button (sustain pedal, "trance gates"), or by touching the keys at different vertical positions. All highly configurable.
- Unlimited Instruments (MIDI devices or apps & channel)
- Up to 30 definable controllers (CCs) per Instrument
- Compatible with virtually ALL apps and class-compliant MIDI interfaces
- Audio or MIDI Metronome
- Note chasing (notes play even when playback starts in the middle)
- Controller chasing
- Perfect song looping, no dropouts/jitter at loop points
- Supports any time signature/BPM (fixed per song)
- Includes PolyHymnia, an advanced Generative Music module
- Dynamic Ruler (can be set to auto-hide to preserve screen space)
- Bright or dark color scheme
Please report any issues via our website, we provide quick and comprehensive support!
- Pianoroll / Controller Editor: Potential fix for marquee selection not working with certain pens and device versions.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Preferred over my desktop DAW piano rolls
At first I was just testing Xequence out here and there with some instruments in Aum and finding it a joy to work with until I recently decided to try out the Bluetooth connection between my iPad and workstation because I didn’t realize how low the latency would be, but now I’m having more fun composing in Xequence with my DAWs (Ableton and Cubase). While this isn’t going to cover all the midi features cubase has, it has all the essential ingredients to get the notes and cc data along with efficient use of editing features. It’s EFFICIENT. It’s more immediate than having one hand on the keyboard and the other on the trackball. I literally have the piano roll in my hands. And if you want to experiment, there Polyhymnia! Just playing with the options in realtime works as a live performance tool! I use Beatmaker 3 frequently which has its own piano roll but the size is still confined; now I have more space to work with in Xequence! It’s a no brainer
The dev is always right.
I got this app a while ago and was like oh cool it’s a sequencer that’s super super easy to use and super stable and has a generative MIDI thing but it was only until I actually BECAME a HARDCORE iOS musician that I was like oh whoa this thing is now a super super essential tool. I actually also find it super handy to link it with all my synthesizer apps and make infinite generative music for my study time. (I could go buy a generative MIDI app but I already spend $18 on this and it works fine.) So anyway - if you’re not a hardcore iOS studio artist (basically if you haven’t gotten to AUv3 or IAA or Virtual MIDI yet and are just working with GarageBand) you’ll find this app nice, but hard to integrate; it’s not until you expand your digital sonic horizons and get a pro DAW running that you’ll fully realize the potential of Xequence.
Update: giving this one 6 stars. I’ve been in contact with the developer because i had a few questions regarding use with BM3 and Elastic drums. Not only was he quick to respond, but even sent me an update to the elastic drums map in Xequence 2.
He addressed each situation and all of my questions have been answered within a matter of days. It was as though I’m his only customer.
This midi editor/sequencer has made my switch to ios for music complete. I thought a touch screen would make a piano roll easier than using a mouse, but quickly learned that that was not the case. Now, with Xequence 2, i can manipulate notes with ease, and in many cases its easier than the desk top. Thank you for making my life easier.
Developer Response ,
Hey, thanks a lot for your review. It's a pleasure to help customers achieve their goals with Xequence or to get feedback on how to improve the feature set. Be assured though you're not our only customer despite the quick response times! :-)
Thanks again and have fun composing.
- Seven Systems Cross-Platform Media Limited
- 7.5 MB
Requires iOS 11.4 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- © 2017 Seven Systems Cross-Platform Media Ltd.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.