Read xkcd comics. Faster to load than the website, easier to navigate, and you can touch and hold to read the alt text!
This fixes the top three bugs that have been reported:
- The app can now load comics past 1248.
- The app no longer crashes when saving an image to the camera roll.
- And the FAQ is no longer a black screen on certain devices.
Ratings and Reviews
There aren’t many apps I’ve had as solid as this one. A while back there was an issue with showing that comics had been downloaded, but the developer fixed that and it’s fine now. There’s a useful search function, and I love the ability to save or share comics. The only thing I’d ask for in the future is an option to star my favorites so they’re easy to find. A nice blue star would really help them to pop when scrolling and an option to show only favorites would make them so easy to find when sharing with friends. Overall, a great app. My compliments to the developer. I’ve designed and programmed apps myself, and this is some fine, solid, sleek work. Thank you for making it! :)
Not For Kids, But AMAZING
XKCD remains near and dear to my heart as one of my favorite webcomics on the Internet. While some language and themes are not suitable for younger members of our society, I would recommend it to literally everyone else. Also check out What If, it's done by the person who writes XKCD and it's equally funny and smart.
No distinct flaws
You can tell the creator of this app made it because they are a real fan of XKCD. I use it a lot and haven't found any real flaws. I really love it.
- Paul Rehkugler, III
- 10.7 MB
Requires iOS 12.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 17+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- Frequent/Intense Sexual Content or Nudity
- Frequent/Intense Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Frequent/Intense Profanity or Crude Humor
- © Paul Rehkugler
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.