Let's look at some simple questions:
James can make $200 per day, what would be his annual income ( He works 5 days a week, 48 weeks per year) ?
This is easy, just enter an expression as this in Xmart Calculator: 200 x 5 x 48
How many times of tapping a button to calculate his annual income?
8 times on a normal calculator, 7 times on Xmart Calculator (you don't need to tap the '=' button).
What if his day rate is $320, $400, $500...?
Well, very similar:
320 x 5 x 48;
400 x 5 x 48;
500 x 5 x 48...
What's the problem? With a normal calculator, we have to enter the same buttons 'x 5 x 48' very time when the only value changes is just the day rate.
Is there any way to just enter the day rate and the result will update automatically?
With Xmart Calculator, YES! You can define a Algebra function like this:
"IncomeByDay(X) = X x 5 x 48"
Then you can just select the function and enter the value for 'X' and the result will update straight away!
To get James annual income, you just need to tap buttons 4 times.
End of questions
Xmart Calculator is appreciated as an intelligent, programmable and expandable calculator based on text expression.
In addition to most of the common and scientific functions, users can also define personal functions.
All calculations are step-by-step traceable.
* There is no '=' button in this calculator app, it will calculate and show result as soon as the expression is updated.
* Swipe up/down to hide/show the history records.
* Swipe left and right to hide/show the scientific/math functions.
* Custom functions: user can define any algebra functions with up to 9 parameters.
* Use a custom function in the main expression or play with it separately.
* Calculate and show result instantly when the input is updated.
* Support most scientific math functions.
* Save calculation to history
* Recall history item or expression
* Name/label a history item meaningfully
* Record and show step by step details of the calculation
* Share history with friends
* Configure the colours and fonts
* Super fast mortgage calculator is included
* Turn ON/OFF the button sounds,
* Select button sound from 6 different options
* Support Apple Watch & iMessage
1. Native suport for iPad.
2. Custom functions are now editable.
3. Correct logic after saving a equation.
4. Fix UI issues
5. Fix defects when defining a function.
Ratings and Reviews
The app is simply useful
I got the app for free when they offered it, so I don’t know the price of the app but for I what can tell it’s simplicity makes it extremely useful, for example, it stores your operations on the top so that you can review the numbers if there is any doubt, that’s something that the native calculator doesn’t offer and that is presented in a very simple maner, you are allowed to customize the colors of it as well, although I have to say that when you apply a light color the font should change to a dark color so that you can see better, however, I don’t think that’s something to really drop the rating. You can quickly copy the result, edit the operation at any point, etc. About the more technical stuff I can’t really tell, I don’t use those options frecuently, I only use it as a pocket calculator to make calculations at the store or adding up simple things. I guess to answer if it is worth, it will depend on the price, but there is no doubt this app is way better than the original, I don’t know why Apple keeps doing this retro calculator, it is seriously easy to emprove it and yet we are stuck with it.
Great app - love it!
Great calculator but the customizable functions section is fantastic! Good call!
I did notice “one flaw”. Quality control missed it! My only criticism so far. In the custom functions link, it is labeled, “Custom Funcitons”, not “Custom Functions”. Bummer, now I don’t know what I’ll do with this thing... 😉
Well thought out and implemented. You can do parenthesis, might take about 30 seconds to read the instructions. This has become my go to calculator. Love the ability to change the color scheme too.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.