xMatters for iOS is a mobile command center in your pocket which, in conjunction with the xMatters On-Demand intelligent communication platform, lets you respond to any event or critical issue - anywhere, anytime.
With xMatters for iOS you can:
- Send, receive and reply to critical xMatters notifications
- Access and initiate communication plans and instructions
- Track message delivery, escalation and response
- View personal on-call schedules
- Initiate conference calls that are simple to attend ("Press 1 to join the conference")
- Access personnel contact info for your organization
- Set custom alert tones to stand out
- Attach images to incident reports
- Extend your enterprise authentication to your mobile devices
- Protect sensitive data by enabling passcode lock
xMatters On-Demand lets organizations communication-enable their key business processes, sending targeted voice, text, email, push and pager messaging to response teams based on time of day, on-call schedule, device preferences and more. Escalate to ensure you reach the right person. Communicate simultaneously to thousands of users across multiple channels. Customize message content for different device types. Create and modify processes with drag and drop tools.
- Support for the new xMatters "Mobile-Only Standard User" role! When applied by a company, this can help keep teams consistent by limiting users to just the mobile app.
- A handful of bug fixes and performance improvements.
Ratings and Reviews
Custom notifications - want to use my own sounds
It would be nice if we could choose our own alert sounds from what we have either purchased or have on our iPhone or other device. Only being allowed to use the ones that are included on the app is less than satisfying. It would also be good if we could choose different alert sounds based on either priority or on whether the message just informative so we know how critical it is for us to look at the notification.
UI needs update for iPhone X
UI has yet to be updated for iPhone X which makes navigation and look around the app difficult in some cases. Please update the UI to interact with newer devices using the full screen.
Developer Response ,
Hi CobraBK! It took longer than expected but the latest version of the xMatters iOS app has support for the full screen of the new iPhone devices. Give it a try if you haven't already updated!
When I select any tab within the app, I get the following notification: "You do not have permission to access this information. Verify your xMatters account details, or contact your xMatters administrator." Once I clear the pop-up the page then loads. It's almost as if the pop-up automatically come if a paper takes longer than a predetermined amount of time. The page does eventually load but it's frustrating that the pop-up appears any time I try to do anything in the app
Developer Response ,
Hi! This sounds like you don't have permissions to view data on that tab(s). Your account may be restricted from accessing data that is typically displayed on the tab. You may need to contact your administrator of the xMatters system at your company to investigate your permissions. If you continue to have issues, I recommend contacting the support team: http://support.xmatters.com.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.