** ATTENTION NEW CUSTOMERS **
Please consider downloading our new "XpenseTracker Pro" as this app will no longer be updated. All updates will ONLY be made to Pro version.
Save time & money! Track your MILEAGE and EXPENSES with the most powerful expense app available! A comprehensive, full featured app that's easy to use and extends to your desktop. XpenseTracker has been a customer favorite on the App Store since 2008.
*March 2017- "BEST FINANCE APP" http://www.creditdonkey.com/finance-apps.html
*XpenseTracker named "must have tax app" by
H & R Block** http://tinyurl.com/HRBlockLovesXT
*EventJuice UK declares "must download app"
*TabletPCReview.com rated XpenseTracker "Best Personal Finance App for iPad" - http://tinyurl.com/bestfinanceapp
XpenseTracker is a comprehensive expense tracking and reporting application for anyone wishing to track their expenses and/or mileage. It's ease of use, full features and great interface make it an essential tool for every iPhone/iPad user. It's power even extends to the desktop by allowing emailing or exporting of the expense reports and accompanying photo receipts directly to the desktop. It will save you time and money.
* Records all of your expenses and provides a running total for each log
* Completely customize categories, sub-categories and payment types
* Completely customizable fields you choose to use or not. Unused fields are hidden when adding new expenses
* Sort expenses by "Date" , "Category", "Payment Type" or "Client."
* For each category, the last payment type is remembered further simplifying data entry
* Keeps a frequently used list for appropriate fields like description
* Mark a log as "reimbursed" or "submitted"
* Easy mileage tracking with MANY different options:
+ Enter total distance or start/stop odometer reading (remembers last stop reading)
+ Enter start/stop addresses (app will calculate distance)
+ Enter more than one destination in a single entry if desired (loved by real estate agents)
+ Use GPS to track distances - just tell the app when you leave and arrive
+ Optional AutoTrack feature for TOTALLY automatic mileage tracking.
* Supports ALL major currencies
* Downloads daily exchange rates
* Many user defined preferences
* Extensive support for VAT
* Email your expense reports in comma delimited (CSV) format for easy import to Excel or Numbers. Photo receipts are also emailed as JPEG attachments
* Support for Quickbooks (IIF) format
* Export your reports directly to your Mac or PC via Wi-Fi connection and have your file immediately appear on your desktop. This CSV file can be easily imported into Excel or Numbers.
* Specify the fields to be exported for CSV reports
* Over a dozen PDF templates for creating beautiful, finished PDF format reports.
* Includes client field and support for sorting and exporting by client.
* Using the iPhone’s built-in camera, take snapshots of your receipts
* Capture multiple images per expense
* Automatically backup your data to iCloud
* Set Password or use TouchID
Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life
The app offers an two OPTIONAL subscriptions, AutoTrack and Human Scan. AutoTrack is a feature that will automatically track your drives. All you need to do is carry your device with you. Human Scan will allow you to take a picture of a receipt and have an actual human extract the key information and update your expense entry. You do NOT need this add-on if you simply want to take photos of your receipt as the app already has that built-in.
* Payment charged to iTunes account at confirmation of purchase
* Automatically renews unless cancelled at least 24-hours before the end of the current period
* Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period
* AutoTrack can be subscribed on monthly or a yearly basis.
* Human Scan can be subscribed on a monthly basis.
*** New in Version 10.84 *** (Late April 2021)
* Minor bug fixes.
We are always updating and improving XpenseTracker. XpenseTracker is now in its 12th year. Thanks to all the users who sent in their feedback, suggestions and bug reports. Version 10.8 has many of those suggestions.
*** New in Version 10.83 *** (Late September 2020)
* Fixes issue of display of Date and Time Wheels when run on iOS 14.
*** New in Version 10.82 *** (Late September 2020)
* Added support for iOS 14 Location privacy changes. If you are using the optional AutoTrack feature you will be informed when you have not enabled "Precise" accuracy as it is required to properly track your drives. "Always" permission to your Location continues to be required as well.
* Various minor bug fixes.
*** New in Version 10.81 *** (Early September 2020)
* Fixes an issue with app not allowing adding multiple photos attached to an entry.
* Fixes a bug when sometimes previewing a report.
* Fixes a bug when sometimes adding a photo
*** New in Version 10.80 *** (Late August 2020)
* Various user interface enhancements.
* Improvements throughout the app.
* Enhancements to optional AutoTrack feature.
* Many new PDF report templates.
* Minor bug fixes.
If you ever have any comments, complaints or compliments, please go into the Prefs screen within the app and tap the "Email the Author" field. Or you can always emails us at email@example.com. And please remember, if you like the app we would very much appreciate it if you post a written review in the App Store.
Ratings and Reviews
Love it - and the support is phenomenal!
April 2019 - I have been using this app since 2013 when I had just started a business. I use it to record both personal and business expenses, and truly rely on it. It’s intuitive, clear, and provides whatever I need. I get the sense that, if I were to become a more savvy user, this app would be able to do whatever I might want it to do. It’s very customizable. And what I love about that is that I don’t have to figure out all the bells and whistles - I just have to know how to use the ones I WANT to use. And it doesn’t feel difficult or complicated. Love it.
And I have to applaud the support - the few times I’ve had a question or issue (usually user error:)), I’ve written them a note and the app author himself has responded. Scott is always helpful and clear about how to do what I’m trying to do (creating a specific report, etc.). I don’t feel like I’m left to struggle on my own. Knowing they are there to answer questions (and cheerfully!) makes me so happy to use this app. Thank you, and please keep up the great work!!
I wanted an app to do budgeting, expense recoding, and budget tracking with my iPhone, including cash expenditures, since I can quickly enter even on the go. The standard budgeting apps want you to create an account and connect to your bank, at least at the time that I bought this app which was several years back. Since I didn’t want to do that, I looked for other options and found this app. It really wasn’t created for for budgeting, but rather for travel expense tracking, so I’m not quibbling over some minor shortcomings. It has capabilities to create new categories and that’s how I got it to work for my purposes. I especially like the ability to create a CSV file at the end of the year. This app has been worth the money. I don’t claim that I was exhaustive in my app searching, just that this app worked for what I wanted. It’s great that you can buy it as a one time purchase (at least when I did). Definitely recommend.
Still my Fave and I recommend it often
July 2017: This makes my expense and Mileage tracking SO SO efficient! My business taxes this year were So much simpler and faster with all of the categories plainly and easily added up and given to my CPA. The amount of customization that you can do in the tracking logs seems infinite-- I am sure I don't even use half of what this app is capable of doing. The support team seems always willing to
Help and has written a custom formula for me to track a specific item.
My teenagers easily navigate this app to record my business mileage and expenses and even ask to help bc they like to use the app!! Love it!
As a self-employed Direct Sales Mom - this App is the BEST!!! An update has let me consolidate my business mileage and expenses into monthly reports and a recent appeal to the Developers for an edit or hint to print my reports exactly as my CPA needs -- was answered an solved within 24 hours!!!! Grab this App!!!
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Silverware Software, LLC
- 59.5 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
English, French, German, Italian, Spanish
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn’t open, which can decrease battery life.
- ©2008 - 2020 Silverware Software
- In-App Purchases
- AutoTrack Subscription $3.99
- Dropbox Support $0.99
- Optical Character Recognition $0.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.