"Sign Up" removed from subscription purchase path.
Ratings and Reviews
Support is very poor
I've purchased several magazines from Bonnier (the company behind Yachting and many other magazines) through newsstand. I've had several very frustrating issues with more than one publication, all to do with downloading the magazines to my iPad. When I've called for help, I get the run-around from all parties involved. When I call Bonnier, they tell me that Zinio handles their digital subscriptions, and that I must call them for help. When I call Zinio, they tell me that they don't support the newsstand app, and that I must call Apple for support. I can't call apple because my iPad is past it's AppleCare support time, so I email them, and they tell me that I need to call Bonnier for support. It's like a hot potato that no one wants to hold. Meanwhile, I have paid for a subscription to Yachting that I cannot access. The app says that I am subscribed to the magazine, but every issue shows up as me having to pay $4.99 to download it. My suggestion is to stay away from Bonnier magazines, at least until they get the bugs worked out.
App never opens. Crashing each time.
Delete the app, re-download the app then re-download every paid edition. Works ok that one time.
Once I close and re-open the app it crashes again, this is for every version they have produced. It shouldn't be this difficult to engineer an app that works. I have plenty of space so that isn't an issue. Reboot does not help either.
And zero tech support. It is their app they should not run you around. They have no problem automatically billing you each year but can't be there to support you.
Don't waste your money on any of their crap
No more paper but why's it so slow
2 Issues :-
1) Your print susbscription does not get you access to the digitial content, which is just silly. Thus have to cancel one subscription and start another, assuming you have no need for the print once its on your iPad
2) Its taken over 5 mins to download and go through the "creating pages" process?? for the Sept issue on a high speed cable wireless connection. The economist is ready to read in about 8 sec thus no idea why this is painfully slow. Please fix.
Apart from that works great and looking forward to more boating mags migrating to iPad.
- Bonnier Corporation
- 126.4 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Catalan, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2019 Yachting Magazine, a publication of Bonnier Corporation
- In-App Purchases
- July 2011 $4.99
- 1 Month Subscription $1.99
- 1 Year Subscription $19.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.