Yack! - Community App 17+
app for online communities
Yack! is a unified community app for Reddit, Hacker News, RSS feeds and many more. Best desktop experience, built exclusively for macOS users.
Welcome to Yack!, the fastest, and greatest community app, ever created. Yack! is a unified community app for Reddit, Hacker News, RSS Feeds and many other networks.
Every interaction in Yack! is meticulously crafted, everything from the iconography to the typography, has been relentlessly refined, to give you the best community browsing experience, ever possible.
== BEST DESKTOP EXPERIENCE ==
- Full desktop experience
- See your channels, threads and comments all in one screen
- Browse links from other websites with our built-in in-app browser, without ever leaving Yack!. All trackers are disabled, and read-only mode is enabled by default
- Play videos, see images in full screen.
== BLAZINGLY FAST ==
- Yack! is built & designed with speed & performance in mind.
- Fully optimized, uses as little resources as possible.
- The most powerful, yet lightweight app designed, exclusively for macOS.
== FLY THROUGH CHANNELS, THREADS & COMMENTS ==
- Yack! takes advantage of being a full desktop experience, shows all your channels, threads & comments in one, single user interface.
- Keyboard shortcuts allows you to navigate through channels, threads, comments and even communities!
== UNIFIED VIEW ==
- All communities are the same, yet they all provide different user interface cluttered with ads, and other stuff you don’t care about. There are subreddits/sub-communities, posts within those subreddits, and comments. We set out a mission to unify all communities in a single, unified app with an elegant UI. We came up with:
- Communities; which are the communities like Reddit, Hacker News, etc
- Channels; which are subreddits, sub-communities
- Threads; posts within channels
- All communities integrated with Yack! has the same concept, and same user interface.
- One UI to rule them ALL.
- Have a favorite community and want to see it integrated with Yack? We’d love to hear from you!
== MIXED CHANNELS ==
- Feeling too distracted with all the posts across many channels & communities? Try out “Mixed Channels” in Yack!
- Combine multiple related channels across multiple communities, into a single channel and eliminate all the distraction. Mind blown
== RESPECTS YOUR PRIVACY ==
- Yack is built with privacy in mind. There’re no ads in Yack, and it doesn’t collect your private information.
- Terms of Service: https://www.yack.io/tos
Ratings and Reviews
New isnt separate
I wish it had a separate news section like popular and home but other then it seems fine.
Best Reddit Client for MacOS
This is by far the best Reddit Client for MacOS. It's decently quick and the layout is nice. I wish the icon would be updated with the new Reddit logo though and I wish there were some theming options. But don't let that hold you back, this is far superior to using the Reddit website.
A good start, but it needs more. Support for multireddits and more options for things like opening in an external browser, auto-refresh interval, would be nice.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- CommunityKit Inc.
- 101.5 MB
- Requires macOS 10.10.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- 17+ Unrestricted Web Access
- © Copyright (C) 2020 - CommunityKit, Inc