Smash, clobber and bash the murderous legends of Slavic mythology in this darkly funny action role-playing game that changes every time you play. Play as Ivan, a one-handed blacksmith with incredibly bad luck, who must take on the impossible tasks given to him by the tzar. All the while the mysterious witch, Baba Yaga, watches over Ivan's fate.
The world of Yaga is a world steeped in Slavic folklore and ancient Pagan beliefs. Featuring a head-bobbing Romanian hip-hop soundtrack from Subcarpați and striking, hand-drawn 2D artwork. Yaga is an authentic love letter to childhood fables from Romanian indie developer, Breadcrumbs Interactive.
• Bludgeon the ancient monsters of Slavic folklore using a vast arsenal of hammers and tools forged by Ivan's own hands.
• Your actions change Ivan's story, his reputation, and the upgrades he can choose.
• Experiment in the deep forging system to make weapons like teleporting lightning hammers and hookshot pitchforks.
• Explore the combinations of talismans, magic items, blessings, perks, and curses to fundamentally change how Ivan plays.
• Multiple endings, multiple ways of solving encounters, procedural map, lots of characters to encounter, and hidden secrets mean Yaga is meant to be played over and over again.
• Ivan's grandma just wants him to find a wife. Don't disappoint her!
This update addresses a lot of player feedback. We worked hard to make improvements to the gameplay systems. We hope you will enjoy the new experience.
Two new game modes added: Story Mode for an easier, story tale experience, and Hardcore Mode for a tougher experience that features permanent death.
Ivan can now run, allowing for faster movement.
Ivan’ XP grows much faster while Bad Luck is high.
Bad Luck only strikes when a weapon breaks.
After Bad Luck strikes, Ivan gets a period of Good Luck.
Ivan can reduce Bad Luck using magic items.
Witches can now remove Ivan’s Bad Luck, for a price.
We made each of Ivan’s Tools more useful with the addition of new abilities and perks.
Enemies are smarter and some have been given new abilities. Below are some, but not all, changes:
Balances made to combat difficulty for a fairer challenge.
We added a Weapons Durability system where weapons break after repeated use.
Weapons can now be Repaired.
Runes can now be learned and applied to weapons while Crafting.
New Crafting Upgrades are now available.
New Enhancements are now available.
New Talismans are now available.
New Magic Items are now available.
New Perks are now available.
Improved Anvil Upgrade UI shows progression and costs.
Improved Crafting UI.
A large Minimap option is now available.
Updates made to the Swamp artworks.
Ivan can now find and a way to fast travel.
You can now skip the tutorial after seeing it once.
We added breadcrumbs to the roads to help exploration.
Added Romanian language.
- Versus Evil, LLC.
- 979.1 MB
Requires iOS 13.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. Apple TV.
English, Arabic, Chinese, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Age Rating
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- © Technology Enterprises Limited 2019
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.