The best email app to easily organize your Gmail, Outlook (Hotmail), AOL and Yahoo accounts. Regardless of your email address, you can experience the Yahoo Mail app's beautiful design, easy-to-use interface and lightning fast speed. Plus, Yahoo Mail offers 1000 GB of free cloud storage, so you never have to worry about space again.
● SIGN UP WITH ANY ACCOUNT - Works with non-Yahoo email addresses, including Gmail, Outlook and AOL. No Yahoo email address required.
● SAVE MONEY - Save deals from retailers for later use in the Deals View. Get notified when deals are about to expire.
● TRAVEL READY - See flight details and check-in with new Travel View. Get notified of all gate changes, delays and cancellations.
● CUSTOMIZE YOUR SWIPES - Choose different actions like delete, archive, move and more when you swipe left or right on a message.
● GET NOTIFICATIONS FROM PEOPLE ONLY - Get notified only when you receive a new email from a person, not companies or newsletters.
● CALLER ID - Not sure who is calling you? Yahoo Mail can automatically display mail contacts for incoming callers.
● QUICKLY SEARCH - Search across all of your messages, contacts, files and photos, faster than ever.
● GET CREATIVE - Make sure your emails stand out with animated photos and artist-designed stationery from Paperless Post.
● SEND MULTIPLE ATTACHMENTS - Easily add photos, videos, and documents to an email, all at once.
● NEVER LOSE AN EMAIL - Keep all of your emails with 1000 GB of free cloud space.
● CHOOSE A THEME - Select different backgrounds and text colors for your Yahoo inbox.
● DITCH PASSWORDS - Enable Account Key for secure, password-free sign in.
● CONNECT GOOGLE DRIVE AND DROPBOX - Easily access and send photos and documents you’ve stored in the cloud.
GET YAHOO MAIL PRO on mobile - Get ad-free mail on Yahoo Mail for iOS and priority customer support.
● Available as an in-app purchase at $0.99/month or $9.99/year, charged to your iTunes account
● Subscription will auto-renew each month or year within 24 hours of your renewal date
● Manage or cancel your subscription via Account Settings
● To see all the new features, upgrade your device to iOS11 or later.
● Optimized for use with VoiceOver.
We update the app regularly to make your email experience the best it can be! This release includes bug fixes and stability improvements.
Ratings and Reviews
Easy for my simple needs
I wanted an easy email service that was self explanatory. (I don't like having to click every button to familiarize myself with a new service/site.) This is very easy to navigate for the novice user(like me). For many years I only used email when REALLY needed. My friends didn't understand how I lived. Since using this version of yahoo mail, I've found many uses that have organized my life beyond just simply "communicating". Using the filing system has helped me go paperless in almost every area of my life. Not to mention storing all my recipes found online, receipts from purchases/paying bills, & medical records.
I'm admittedly not the most knowledgeable (not to mention inexperienced) email user, but I found this to be quite user-friendly allowing me to take advantage of the more advanced features as I've progressed. I haven't had many "speed" issues or other technical problems.
I took a star off for lack of originality with kinda a nothing special vibe. It's easy & without hassles, but I'm starting to outgrow it & would LOVE to see an email service that looks different from anything else since it began over 20yrs ago.
No Setting For Notification Sounds
Deleted app finally. I linked yahoo mail through gmail. I highly recommend. More flaws to report with yahoo app. I am using an iPhone X. Mail would disappear from the inbox if I clicked on a new mail notification. Would take hours to appear back. If I used the search to find an old email it would find the email and when I click on it the email it would just load and load an nothing would appear. I finally had to forward the email to gmail so I could view it. Also why should one have to pay to remove annoying ads which aren’t even applicable to what I am interested in. Worst app ever.
Minus one star for not being able to change sounds for incoming & outgoing mail. If you have an iPhone you are stuck with the generic default notification and can’t change it at all in the settings of the app or in the settings for the iPhone. Second minus star that they show irrelevant ads in the top of the inbox. I don’t want to pay a dollar a month to get rid of it. If you want people to use your app rather than the default mail setting in the iPhone then get rid of that like gmail and outlook have in their free versions.
Update to the developer’s reply. That is untrue. Both the Outlook and Google mail apps. let you change sound notifications within the “settings” of the widget themselves and not in the actual Apple settings.
Developer Response ,
Hello, unfortunately we do not control the notification sounds. That is controlled by your device aka Apple. Most apps don't allow you to change the sound. We are definitely working with Apple to hopefully get this changed. **Thanks for the additional info. We will share this with the team and see what we can do!
It gets email!
Outside of retrieving email, this app is not very user friendly. The Apple email app, which is already present and cannot be deleted, is equally as good, if not better. Or there are other apps like gmail that are cleaner and easier to use, even with yahoo accounts.
After the initial review (above), Yahoo contacted me to ask me to tell them how to make their product better. I will try to put this into perspective. The Yahoo app is like a stiff version of Apple mail. Things are placed awkwardly and do not function smoothly or easily. And when I set up an account, my first attempt didn't go as I wanted it to. So I set up a second, duplicate account, thinking I could delete the first. But the app will only allow me to delete the correct account. The incorrect one does not show under Manage Accounts. The only way I can see to eliminate it is to kill the app and start over.
As stated previously, my review is that until Yahoo does their own homework, there are better apps to handle your email. I recommend trying a side-by-side comparison with this app, the Apple app and the Gmail app. Then you can make up your own mind. I would lay odds that the Yahoo app is your first choice...to delete.
Developer Response ,
Hi there, can you give us more info on what is not user-friendly? We'd like you to elaborate so we can help you or try and improve the app. This doesn't really help us. Thank you so much! **Thanks! We're not asking your to make our app better, but simply asking for more info so we can look to improve our app. We're happy to help you further because we are very proud of our 4+ star app. Please feel free to email us! (firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Yahoo! Inc.
- 174.2 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Arabic, Bengali, Bulgarian, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Filipino, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Gujarati, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Irish, Italian, Japanese, Kannada, Korean, Latvian, Lithuanian, Malay, Malayalam, Marathi, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Tamil, Telugu, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Urdu, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2019 Verizon Media
- In-App Purchases
- Yahoo Mail Pro (Monthly) $0.99
- Yahoo Mail Pro (Monthly) $0.99
- Yahoo Mail Pro (Yearly) $9.99
Get all of your passes, tickets, cards, and more in one place.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.