*Requires Yale Assure Lock with iM1 Network Module (YRD256-iM1)*
Lock and unlock your home without the hassle of keys using the Yale Secure app and your compatible Assure Lock with iM1. Never worry about lending or losing your house keys again – now, your smartphone is your key.
· Lock and unlock your home using your iPhone or Siri.
· Create, manage and delete user PIN codes (up to 25) to share with friends and family.
· See access history
· Receive notifications when someone unlocks your door.
· Customize lock settings including auto re-lock.
· Ask Siri to lock or unlock your door when you’re at home.
· Access from anywhere when used with an Apple TV (4th gen or later) or an iPad running iOS 10.3 or later set up as a home hub.
· See current lock battery status and receive alerts for low battery.
Marketing URL: http://www.yalehome.com/en/yale/yalehome/residential/yale-real-living/assure-lock/im1-network-module/
Bug fixes and optimizations
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Devs should be ashamed of the steaming crap pile they created.
My biggest complaints:
- app has difficulty connecting to locks even when devices are within a foot of each other. Often have to kill and restart app to get it to connect. It will get stuck attempting to connect or read settings and there is no way to navigate away or retry without fully restarting app
- firmware updates are complicated by the above issues and are unreliable (often don’t work and have to be reattempted multiple times, involving restarting the app..which gives me little confidence that it won’t end up bricking a lock one day)
- app navigation is clunky with lots of modal dialogs, often requiring a restart in order to back out to a previous screen
- what is the purpose of that stupid poka-dot screen with the Yale logo that shows up when you swipe down and is often impossible to navigate away from without restarting the app?! Does someone think it’s cute or trendy? It’s pointless. Remove it.
- usability-wise, there should be a way to centrally manage pin codes for all locks in a household. It is a common use case to have all exterior locks respond to the same codes
~200 USD per lock and this is the kind of experience I get... what a disappointment
Finally usable again
The app is finally usable again in iOS 13. I can now properly check the lock settings and now have access to the PINs saved on it and can label them and view their usage history. I was also able to update the firmware are on my lock. Not giving it five stars because the post-firmware usage is a bit clunky for a minute or two. I couldn’t read settings until I waited about two minutes and the app didn’t tell me anything about a wait time after the update. It eventually worked, though.
Also, the UI could be better. It’s the same as it’s been for at least a year, and it’s definitely not the worst interface, but it could be a bit more user friendly.
Terrible App. Incredible how bad it is
Because of the app, I stopped buying Yale locks for my home. I have one lock that can no longer be found. The second lock is found but the app refuses to connect to it, so I cannot change any settings such as auto-lock, which is a KEY feature. Can’t set pins, timeouts, operation mode, privacy, etc.
Don’t buy these locks, the features they advertise aren’t available due to the app. I’ve tried to uninstall, reinstall on iPhone XS, iPad Pro, iPhone 6s, and iPad mini in case the software was different and they all fail.
I will continue to send my complaints to the company as well until they resolve their issues or issue me a refund. It is abhorrent that they charge this much for a lock and can’t get a single decent app developer to create such a simple application.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- SARGENT MANUFACTURING COMPANY
- 103 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 10.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
English, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Spanish, Swedish, Turkish
- Age Rating
- © 2017
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.