yaleD is a dedicated reverse delay audio effect, with full support as an Audio Unit (AUv3) plugin extension. Please note that while it works as a standalone app, it is designed to be used from other host audio apps such as GarageBand, AUM, Audiobus 3, Cubasis, etc!
A reverse delay effect continuously listens then plays back reversed chunks of the audio input depending on the delay time, feedback and filtering settings. Can be used for both obvious or subtle effects depending on the setup.
Since a reverse delay is sensitive to positional sync as well as delay time, the reversals are appropriately synced to the host transport timeline when playing back and using the beat-based delay time. Or the Hold Time button can be used to both sync and set the delay time manually by pressing and releasing it at the appropriate time.
- Complete control over input gain, and independent wet and dry output levels.
- Feedback with cross-pan and both low-pass and high-pass filtering.
- Two available repeat behaviors when using feedback: one keeps all repeats reversed, while the other alternates each repeat reversed then forwards.
- Delay time specified either in milliseconds, or as beats (with 1/16th note resolution) synced to host tempo. You can also specify the maximum delay time (up to 20 seconds!) in the settings to control the per-instance memory usage.
- Can apply a delay time scaling offset to the second channel for interesting stereo effects.
- Optional Tape effect when changing delay time.
- One-Shot mode for doing triggered records and single reverse playback. Great for playing a solo in and reversing just what you want to hear. The hold/record and replay buttons can be controlled with MIDI bindings.
- All parameters are exposed to the AU host so that you can apply automation or MIDI bindings from the host
- Easy to use resizable plugin interface optimized for host apps on both iPhones and iPads. Made for fingers!
- Added ability to turn off the cross-pan of feedback and fixed behavior of the cross-pan when centered.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
I love this little plugin. The reverse delay effect adds a nice background texture and complexity to my tracks and i love how you can set the frequence range to which the effect will be applied. Very useful feature! I thought at first that this plugin wouldn’t be a very useful to me, but it turns out to be a surprisingly pleasant and fun sounding effect to add to your tracks. I already loved the other apps from this developer and i am very happy to see he is back again with this cool and unique plugin. Hope there might be even more coming in the future 👍
So i LOVE this. A few suggestions...
extend the feedback beyond 100%. (Make it so that the sound never fades out. For chord making into drone.)
Make the feedback amount controllable by midi. (You can do other controls too, but i really want is one.) a volume pedal connected for feedback amount would be freaking awesome.
Developer Response ,
I'm glad you are enjoying it! Regarding the MIDI binding... all the parameters are exposed so an AU host should be able to do its own MIDI binding to every parameter, including AUM, and Audiobus 3, among others. The plugin does accept MIDI but I only let you internally bind to the button-like commands there, just in case. If you are using the app standalone, then yes, that's where it would be useful for me to have more bindings in the app. Please feel free to contact me via email at firstname.lastname@example.org for further conversation!
Really well thought out and extremely musical! I look forward to their next app.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Sonosaurus LLC
- 14.1 MB
- Requires iOS 9.3 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 9.3 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 9.3 or later.
- Requires macOS 11 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- © 2019 Sonosaurus LLC
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.