The new My Yamaha Outboards app allows Yamaha outboard owners to track all essential maintenance in one convenient place. The app sends service notifications, as well as other important Yamaha communications. Owners can contact their preferred Yamaha dealer to schedule service and the app updates the service history after an authorized participating Yamaha dealer completes/logs the performed maintenance. Owners can enter DIY maintenance as well.
The maintenance history report provides valuable documentation that can enhance confidence in a well-maintained Yamaha outboard and increase potential resale appeal and value. By re-registering a pre-owned outboard with Yamaha and using My Yamaha Outboards, future owners can continue documenting the maintenance history and enhancing the potential value of their Yamaha outboards. It also features helpful pre and post boating checklists, winterization checklists and trip log functions and access to other helpful resources.
• Tracks all essential outboard maintenance in one convenient place—auto-updating after dealer-completed service interval and allows boaters to manually enter their own DIY maintenance
• Provides notifications for upcoming maintenance or service campaigns, with the ability to schedule future maintenance with authorized Yamaha Outboard dealers
• Provides a maintenance history report that can enhance appeal and resale value
• Trip logs and check lists
• Connects users to our dealer locator, owners’ manuals, video library and other helpful information
• Provides updates on new products, promotions and upcoming events
• Warranty clock feature
Minor user experience improvements.
Ratings and Reviews
Can’t edit mistakes in maintenance reports!
App ignores some parts of the maintenance record and other parts it inserts the default even after I corrected it. So now it says my 20hr check was “done by owner” (me) when the Dealer actually performed it. Furthermore, I now have 2 or 3 20hr checks (trying to fix the original). Can’t remove the extras. Kind of useless if that’s how the app behaves. Need to allow for mistakes - let the user edit everything's!! User interface on iPhone didn’t work well in some screens. This app is not ready for primetime. Needs a fair amount of work before it will be useful.
App doesn’t work correctly
I could login and add my motor. It won’t allow adding maintenance correctly. It just keeps sending me back to the add maintenance page. I got one to work but cannot open it to see uploaded pic. One went in with wrong date and cannot edit. Cannot download owners manual. Just spent a lot of time on this and really gives no useful info or functionality. It was really a waste of time. Poor app for sure. I hope they fix this because the concept is good. It just flat out doesn’t work.
Not user friendly at all
Had a hard time trying to add a boat. Made several calls to Yamaha Outboard customer support, in an attempt to get the issue resolved. They basically had no answers and didn’t want to do anything to help. I finally figured out the problem on my own. The app errors if you have special characters in the boat name. In my case specifically an ‘. Difficult to log maintenance. Low grade shareware...
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- User Content
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Yamaha Motor Corp, U.S.A.
- 65.5 MB
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2021 Yamaha Motor Corporation, U.S.A.