Yammer is the enterprise social network that helps you and your team collaborate openly and stay on top of it all. With Yammer, you can connect to the right people in your organization, share and search for information across teams and organize around projects and ideas so you can do more.
With Yammer for iOS, work gets done anywhere. You can contribute and collaborate with your team, even on the go.
- Collaborate openly with your team: share ideas, work together and iterate in real-time in Yammer groups, wherever you are.
- Connect with everyone: don’t let the org chart get in the way. Yammer brings together people who share the same goals across the whole company or organization, so fluid collaboration just happens.
- Stay connected: with Yammer for iOS you're just a tap away from coworkers, information and conversations.
- Share photos and videos: snap a pic or capture a video, then easily share it with coworkers, regardless of file size.
- Get interactive notifications: get notified of important activity right when it happens – and take action right from the lock screen of your iOS device.
- Work across language barriers: bring down language silos in your organization with 25-language support in Yammer for iOS – including integrated, on–the–fly message translation.
We've improved the stability of Yammer in this release, we hope you enjoy it!
Ratings and Reviews
At this point in my career, having almost completely given up on dealing with the daily, constant deluge of emails, The team I manage has adopted and embraced the YAMMER platform, with amazing results. Not only are we able to collaborate only on the topics that require our attention, we can pull in other individuals as needed, update attachments and make edits - and do all of this from a single platform. It’s a truly indispensable work tool.
Hard to locate my group’s files
I was asked to use Yammer as part of a smaller group within a national organization. The directors of my group posted many files for us, and “pinned” some of them for easier access. But as far as I can tell, when I access my group through the Yammer app, I cannot access the list of files that our directors have posted and pinned there.
Instead, I have to exit the group and use the search function, which has two problems: 1) If I do not know the name of the document I am looking for, I am pretty much out of luck; and 2) the app searches not within my smaller group but within the whole national organization to which my group belongs. So if I search for something like “schedule,” I have to sift through every single schedule document that has ever been posted in the organization. This is a significant hassle, and has discouraged members of my group from reviewing required materials because it is simply too difficult to find them.
There are a lot of things right with this app, and a few small annoying quirks that make it that much more difficult to get work done on iOS. Speaking mostly about the iPad app here:
Split screen will not work on iPad: you have an iPhone version, so why do we not have the ability to use that in multitasking view?? Split screen does not work at all currently.
File downloading: I commonly download JPG & ZIP files to the files app on iOS, yet for some reason ZIP files are “unavailable” on mobile through the app. If I go to the web I can download, unzip, and retrieve the files right from my iOS devices. Why is the Yammer app the hold up here? The ability to save any files (no matter which format) to Dropbox or the files app would be GREATLY appreciated!
- Microsoft Corporation
- 95.4 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Yoruba
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2019 Yammer, Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.