Free translator that can work offline and translate text from photos
• Translate between any pair of the 90 languages when you’re online.
• Translate from French, German, Italian, Russian, Spanish, Turkish and other languages to English while offline: download these languages for free and enable the offline mode in Settings.
• Speak words or phrases in Russian, English, or Turkish to translate them into any of these languages, or have the app read the translations to you.
• Learn new words and their meanings through usage examples in the app’s dictionary (available for most of the currently supported languages).
• Take a picture of a menu, road sign, book page or choose a photo with text from your Camera Roll to view its translation right over the image (only available when you are online).
• Translate entire sites directly in the app or in Safari.
• Read books, news, or articles in a foreign language together with Yandex.Translate on your iPad using Split View.
• Read transliterated Arabic, Armenian, Farsi, Georgian, Greek, Hebrew, Korean, Japanese, or Chinese Pinyin.
• Enjoy the app’s time-saving predictive typing function and automated language detection.
• Save translations in Favorites and view your translation history at any time.
• Speak to your Apple Watch to see your words translated on its screen.
Currently supported languages: Afrikaans, Albanian, Amharic, Arabic, Armenian, Azerbaijani, Basque, Bashkir, Belarussian, Bengali, Bulgarian, Burmese, Bosnian, Catalan, Cebuano, Chinese, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Elvish (Sindarin), English, Esperanto, Estonian, Farsi, Finnish, French, Galician, Georgian, German, Greek, Gujarati, Haitian Creole, Hebrew, Hill Mari, Hindi, Hungarian, Icelandic, Indonesian, Irish, Italian, Japanese, Javanese, Kannada, Kazakh, Khmer, Korean, Kyrgyz, Latin, Latvian, Lao, Lithuanian, Luxembourgish, Macedonian, Malagasy, Malaysian, Malayalam, Maltese, Maori, Marathi, Mari, Mongolian, Nepali, Norwegian, Papiamento, Polish, Portuguese, Punjabi, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Scots, Singhalese, Slovakian, Slovenian, Spanish, Sundanese, Swahili, Swedish, Tagalog, Tajik, Tamil, Tatar, Telugu, Thai, Turkish, Udmurt, Ukrainian, Urdu, Uzbek, Vietnamese, Welsh, Xhosa, Yiddish.
- Added real-time photo translation.
- Supported new languages for the Apple Watch app –– Kazakh Latin and Uzbek Cyrillic.
- Improved recognition of the Ukrainian language.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
The best translator for Russian by far
Yandex offers more information for translations than Google Translate, and the translations feel like they are more accurate. As a polyglot I use both yandex translate and google for different languages, but when it comes to Russian yandex is the most reliable, both for the literal entries and the sound clips. The UI is ergonomic, allowing you to quickly clear the screen and enter another word for translation or swipe to previous queries. If you’re a student of Russian, Yandex is a must.
Developer Response ,
It is pleasure to know that Yandex.Translate was useful for you.
We're glad that you liked everything!
Pretty accurate... but needs to have the ability to detect traditional text.
I’m always using this app for mainly 3 languages: Korean, Chinese and Japanese.
The Chinese one is the most accurate and I’m super glad. Korean and Japanese, is a bit more iffy but it’s there.
The only thing I would like added is that it can be able to detect traditional writing style for Chinese and Japanese. I would love to know what someone is saying, for example in a comic they use that style. But everything else works fine. I have already recommended this translator to a bit more of my friends since it’s really good.
Developer Response ,
Hello! Thanks for the feedback and the suggestion! I'll forward your message to the manager and developers of the service.
Better than google
Moving to Yandex after reaching out the limit of saved words in the mobile version of Google translator. Another annoying thing with Google translate was lack of synchronization between web and mobile versions.
Although, there is always room for improvements! Personally, I’d appreciate adding verb conjugation, especially for exceptions.
Developer Response ,
Hello! Thank you for high mark and for the suggestion! I'll forward your message to the manager and developers of the service.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.