Free translator that can work offline and translate text from photos
• Translate between any pair of the 90 languages when you’re online.
• Translate from French, German, Italian, Russian, Spanish, Turkish and other languages to English while offline: download these languages for free and enable the offline mode in Settings.
• Speak words or phrases in Russian, English, or Turkish to translate them into any of these languages, or have the app read the translations to you.
• Learn new words and their meanings through usage examples in the app’s dictionary (available for most of the currently supported languages).
• Take a picture of a menu, road sign, book page or choose a photo with text from your Camera Roll to view its translation right over the image (only available when you are online).
• Translate entire sites directly in the app or in Safari.
• Read books, news, or articles in a foreign language together with Yandex.Translate on your iPad using Split View.
• Read transliterated Arabic, Armenian, Farsi, Georgian, Greek, Hebrew, Korean, Japanese, or Chinese Pinyin.
• Enjoy the app’s time-saving predictive typing function and automated language detection.
• Save translations in Favorites and view your translation history at any time.
• Speak to your Apple Watch to see your words translated on its screen.
Currently supported languages: Afrikaans, Albanian, Amharic, Arabic, Armenian, Azerbaijani, Basque, Bashkir, Belarussian, Bengali, Bulgarian, Burmese, Bosnian, Catalan, Cebuano, Chinese, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Elvish (Sindarin), English, Esperanto, Estonian, Farsi, Finnish, French, Galician, Georgian, German, Greek, Gujarati, Haitian Creole, Hebrew, Hill Mari, Hindi, Hungarian, Icelandic, Indonesian, Irish, Italian, Japanese, Javanese, Kannada, Kazakh, Khmer, Korean, Kyrgyz, Latin, Latvian, Lao, Lithuanian, Luxembourgish, Macedonian, Malagasy, Malaysian, Malayalam, Maltese, Maori, Marathi, Mari, Mongolian, Nepali, Norwegian, Papiamento, Polish, Portuguese, Punjabi, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Scots, Singhalese, Slovakian, Slovenian, Spanish, Sundanese, Swahili, Swedish, Tagalog, Tajik, Tamil, Tatar, Telugu, Thai, Turkish, Udmurt, Ukrainian, Urdu, Uzbek, Vietnamese, Welsh, Xhosa, Yiddish.
Now you can use Sign in with Apple and phone-only authorization!
Plus, we made lots of small and useful improvements
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
The app is amazing I could use it for hours just for fun. One thing that would be nice is if you made a app kinda like google board or Gboard so you don’t have to keep going back and fourth to type or figure out what something means and you just copy and paste it into the thing. It would be nice to have. But overall I compared it to google translate and google translate sometimes calls pizza a burrito for some reason then other times it works correctly and says pizza. This tho is amazing translater I don’t know how I never saw this because how accurate it is
Developer Response ,
Thank you for your feedback! Try downloading our Yandex.Keyboard. It has a built-in translator. Maybe it will be convenient for you.
The best translator for Russian by far
Yandex offers more information for translations than Google Translate, and the translations feel like they are more accurate. As a polyglot I use both yandex translate and google for different languages, but when it comes to Russian yandex is the most reliable, both for the literal entries and the sound clips. The UI is ergonomic, allowing you to quickly clear the screen and enter another word for translation or swipe to previous queries. If you’re a student of Russian, Yandex is a must.
Developer Response ,
It is pleasure to know that Yandex.Translate was useful for you.
We're glad that you liked everything!
Better than google
Moving to Yandex after reaching out the limit of saved words in the mobile version of Google translator. Another annoying thing with Google translate was lack of synchronization between web and mobile versions.
Although, there is always room for improvements! Personally, I’d appreciate adding verb conjugation, especially for exceptions.
Developer Response ,
Hello! Thank you for high mark and for the suggestion! I'll forward your message to the manager and developers of the service.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.