YarnBuddy is a beautiful, easy-to-use project tracker and row counter for knitters and crocheters. It saves your place in each project so that when you come back to finish that blanket you started three years ago, you can pick up exactly where you left off. It also helps you keep track of your yarn stash.
• Enter project details such as start date, yarn, hook/needle sizes, and more.
• Add photos to projects and yarn.
• Import patterns from iCloud Drive, your photo library, or the web.
• Vertical and horizontal highlighter bars help keep your place in the pattern.
• Unlimited, customizable row counters viewable alongside your pattern.
• Linked and repeating row counters.
• Optional sounds and haptics for row counters.
• Unit conversion and yarn substitution tools.
• Quick counter that's not attached to any project.
• Add yarn details such as purchase location, fiber type, weight, etc.
• Dark Mode support.
• Add up to 10 projects in free version.
Available with YarnBuddy Pro (subscription or one-time purchase):
• Unlimited projects.
• Organize your projects with tags.
• Annotate patterns with hand-written notes and highlights.
• Add row notes that appear when you reach a particular row (can also be set to repeat at an interval).
• Add a due date reminder for your project.
• Add notes and rich links to your projects and yarn.
• Change the app's icon.
...and much more to come!
YarnBuddy Pro is an optional subscription that unlocks additional features. If you choose to purchase YarnBuddy Pro, payment will be charged to your iTunes account, and your account will be charged for renewal 24 hours prior to the end of the current period. Auto-renewal may be turned off at any time by going to your settings in the iTunes Store after purchase. Current price for YarnBuddy Pro is $14.99 USD per year, and may vary from country to country.
• Pattern annotation is here! If you've subscribed to or purchased YarnBuddy Pro, you can now create hand-written notes and highlights on your patterns using your finger or Apple Pencil.
• Added: a new spooky alternate app icon.
• Fixed: the "Add Yarn" screen can now be properly dismissed on iPad.
• Fixed: editing the ending value of a linked counter should no longer cause the app to crash.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
I love this app for my knitting. I can keep my projects and stash in one place. I love how I can put notes for the stash and project pages. I love love love that I can import my pattern into the project page and can have multiple counters for a project. I have been looking for this app and so happy to find it. I’m so looking forward to seeing how this app grows. I love the update which allows me to edit notes and import more then one pattern.
This is a good app and I would pay for the pro But I think $50 is a little steep for this. Personally I think they should come down on that price. There are other apps that are $9.99 for the year and offer more functions.
Often I use my watch but while crocheting it’s a good time to charge the watch but syncing rows I counted on the phone back with the watch is not accurate. Due to that issue I can’t justify $50 even with it syncing properly $50 for a row counter with some added tracking features is a tuff sale IMHO. I think they would get more sales at a $25 to $30 price range. If this was $25 I wouldn’t hesitate purchasing...if it was under $10 annually I wouldn’t hesitate.
Awesome working tool
App seems good, just started using it. I love the multiple counters options, very helpful if doing amigurumi! A couple of suggestions though, I need to be able to edit previous notes, if I want to add of delete from them. Also cannot read numbers when entering yardage and net weights in dark mode - they don’t show up on the ‘saved’ entry screen. It will kick you out completely if you touch outside the ‘adding’ Pop-up screen, and you have the start over when adding your yarns to the stash, so maybe an auto save function? That pickiness aside, this is a very comprehensive tool. Please keep up the good work!
Developer Response ,
Thanks so much for your review! I’m so glad you’re enjoying YarnBuddy. I’ve added the three things you mentioned (the ability to edit notes, the unreadable yarn measurements in dark mode, and making it impossible to accidentally dismiss the “add project/yarn” pop-ups) to my list of things to fix for the next update! :) Best, Becky
- Rebecca Hansmeyer
- 13.3 MB
Requires iOS 14.0 and watchOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Unrestricted Web Access
- © 2020 Becky Hansmeyer
- In-App Purchases
- YarnBuddy Pro Annual $14.99
- YarnBuddy Pro No Expiration $49.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.