YarnBuddy is a beautiful, easy-to-use project tracker and row counter for knitters and crocheters. It saves your place in each project along with all of your photos and notes, so when you come back to finish that blanket you started three years ago, you can pick up exactly where you left off. It also helps you keep track of your yarn stash!
• Enter project details such as start date, yarn, gauge, hook/needle sizes, and more.
• Add photos to projects and yarn.
• Import patterns from iCloud Drive, your photo library, your Ravelry Library, or the web.
• Vertical and horizontal highlighter bars help keep your place in the pattern.
• Unlimited, customizable row counters viewable alongside your pattern.
• Linked and repeating row counters.
• Optional sounds and haptics for row counters.
• Unit conversion and yarn substitution tools.
• Quick counter that's not attached to any project.
• Tool stash for keeping track of your hooks, needles, and more.
• Add yarn details such as purchase location, fiber type, weight, etc.
• Dark Mode support.
• Add up to 10 projects in free version.
Available with YarnBuddy Pro (subscription or one-time purchase):
• Unlimited projects.
• Organize your projects with tags.
• Annotate patterns with hand-written notes and highlights.
• Add row notes that appear when you reach a particular row (can also be set to repeat at an interval).
• Add a due date reminder for your project.
• Add notes and rich links to your projects and yarn.
• Change the app's icon and theme.
...and much more to come!
YarnBuddy Pro is an optional subscription that unlocks additional features. If you choose to purchase YarnBuddy Pro, payment will be charged to your iTunes account, and your account will be charged for renewal 24 hours prior to the end of the current period. Auto-renewal may be turned off at any time by going to your settings in the iTunes Store after purchase. Current price for YarnBuddy Pro is $14.99 USD per year, and may vary from country to country.
• Added: You can now export your projects as PDF files. Tap the share button in the upper right corner of your project's detail view to generate a PDF. Tap the share button at the bottom of the preview to choose whether or print it, save it, or share it using another app.
• Improved: Image optimization! Photos should load faster and take up less memory when viewed.
• Improved: Your project's key photo will be shown at the top of its detail page. All other photos have been moved to a new Photos section below the Patterns section. From there, you can add new photos, drag photos to rearrange them, or tap on a photo to view it in a full screen gallery view.
•Improved: You can now re-order your counters by tapping on the icon with three horizontal lines in the top right of the counter drawer.
Ratings and Reviews
Great & easy App
I have been using the app for 2 months and like having it always available, easy to input information and it keeps up with the location on pattern and row counter easy to use. I wish the notes could be copied on the pattern view or at least be able to have pulled up beside the pattern.(like the counter) Being able to write in the open space during pattern view Being able to edit a row alert and not reentering information Thanks for a great app! I upgraded to Pro. Update: I’m currently having problems with counter staying fixed. I’m using multiple counters and they keep moving. I’ve tried on both phone and iPad. The counters are linked to Total rows.
Love this app!
This app is great for keeping track of your WIPs and your yarn stash. I love that it has multiple features that come in handy for your projects, tools, and yarn.
I would like to note that with the dark mode feature it is very difficult to see text. I’m personally an all dark mode all the time kind of person but I have to keep this app in light mode so that I can read what’s written on the page :/ not a huge problem though and it doesn’t overshadow all the excellent features this app has.
I noticed that there are several different options within the “other” tab when selecting the type of project you’re working on—I would love to see an option for tatting in there as well! My main WIP right now is a needle-tatted doily and I’ve filled out the info for it as best as I can, but I’d love to be able to accurately categorize the project itself as well as the thread and needle that I’m using :)
Really love this app YET I can’t seem to have same projects on my iPhone AND my iPad —-
I’ve had this app for going on two years now I believe. I just tried to open the app on my iPad for convenience and I seem to have to open and possibly pay for a new account on my iPad? Surely that’s not true!!! This has been a very convenient way for me to keep my projects with me at all times that’s why I decided today on a rainy day I would go ahead and use my iPad also. So I’m hoping someone’s checking these reviews and will get back with me as I can’t seem to find any other way to contact that actual creator. If anyone else knows of an idea please let me know. I’d really love to have the same information on my iPhone on my iPad. Otherwise just like I said it’s a lovely app but I really don’t want to pay for it twice. Becky are you out there?!? Please guide me through this. Thank you.
Developer Response ,
Hi there! Thanks for reaching out! Your projects should definitely sync between devices, so something isn’t working right. But first—you will *never* be charged twice for the app, so if you tap “buy” on your iPad, it will display a message indicating you’ve already purchased it and then unlock everything for you. Apple did have a major iCloud outage a couple days ago (March 21, 2022), so that would have prevented things from syncing…otherwise, check under the Settings app > Your Apple ID > iCloud and make sure both “YarnBuddy” and “iCloud Drive” are toggled on. I’ve been in contact with Apple about some bugs in their syncing system that are causing trouble for some users, so hopefully you don’t fall under the category! If you receive any syncing error messages, please let me know at firstname.lastname@example.org. Best, Becky
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Rebecca Hansmeyer
- 16.4 MB
- Requires iOS 14.3 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 14.3 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 14.3 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2022 Becky Hansmeyer
- In-App Purchases
- YarnBuddy Pro Annual $14.99
- YarnBuddy Pro No Expiration $39.99
Some in‑app purchases, including subscriptions, may be shareable with your family group when Family Sharing is enabled.