Yaya Learns German is a fun, educational game suitable for kids between 3 & 8 years, introducing young children to German vocabulary, phonetics, and initial sounds. The background story is narrated by native speakers and accompanied by original and beautiful artwork. No ads!
Follow Yaya on her exciting adventure to discover where her parents are taking her for her fifth birthday. Solve the riddles and learn German along the way.
Main features of our app include the following:
• COPPA compliant — no ads and safe for young children
• Choose from five languages (English, German, Spanish, Korean, or Chinese) to guide your children through fun and educational games. There are audio instructions throughout the app, so young children who are not yet able to read can navigate through the game without problems
• Suitable for children between the ages of 3 and 8 years, the perfect age to start learning German as a second language or to complement their phonetics learning
• Hands-on learning—no passive watching of tutorial slides. Children absorb the German language through funny games aimed at prolonging their concentration span and increasing learning effectiveness
• Five interactive games introducing basic numbers in German and more than 30 other common German words that children encounter in their everyday lives
• Story-based games to keep children engaged
• Beautiful artwork and quality design throughout
• High-quality narration in five languages spoken by native speakers
1) Train Station - children will hone their detective skills by searching for hidden coins at the train station. They will learn how to count from One to Ten in German.
2) The Journey - children will discover different locations during the train journey. They will learn 12 German words, such as “mountain,” “lake,” and “windmill.” They will also apply their logic skills to connect different shapes on the train track.
3) Theme Park - children will answer various quiz questions to get the tickets they need for rides. Here, they will learn ten German words, such as “car,” “train,” “truck,” “boat,” and “airplane.”
4) Birthday Party - children will help decorate and prepare the birthday room. They will bake the cake, mix the juice, pump up the balloon, and more. They will learn 15 German words in this section, such as “cake,” “candy,” “juice,” “balloon,” and “present.”
5) Final Quiz - children will take a final quiz, earn points, and eventually bring their newly learned vocabulary into long-term memory
In-App-Purchase & Bug Fixes
- Chin Yee Karwehl
- 378.6 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.
English, German, Korean, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- © Kiddies City e. Kfr.
- In-App Purchases
- Train Track, logical thinking $0.99
- End Quiz Vocabulary Challenge $0.99
- Theme Park with fun rides! $0.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.