With the Calorie Counter app by YAZIO, you can manage your daily food diary, track your activities and lose weight successfully. Counting calories and losing weight has never been so easy!
More than 10 million people have already achieved their New Year’s resolutions with YAZIO. Be a part of it.
"I've lost the first 15 lb, and with the Calorie Calculator, you definitely will get a great feeling about your nutrition. My goal is to get to 160 lb. I started at 210 lb." (Sandra via Facebook)
More success stories from our users:
– Alexander: "I've been using the Calorie Counter since April and have lost up to 60 lb. The app is very helpful for losing weight."
– Claudia: "The new Calorie Counter app is great – just like the super fast and reliable support!"
– Michael: "I stopped smoking 18 months ago and gained nearly 40 lb. Now I have to go back down – I will give it a try with the YAZIO Calorie Counter."
YAZIO is the best diet and weight loss app for iPhone & iPad
– Personal plan to lose weight or build muscles
– Calorie table with over 2 million foods
– Nutrition tracker and food diary for all meals
– Tracks your calories, carbs, proteins and fats
– Create meals, add favorites or input new foods
– Copy diary entries to other days easily
– Built–in barcode scanner for quick searching
– Tracks your sports, exercises and activities
– Calorie calculator to track your burned calories
– Tracks your daily steps walked and be more active
– Documents your weight with weight tracker
– Assesses your diet and achievements
– Syncs with Health App and other fitness apps
– Use the Watch App to take control
– Great Today widget and 3D touch feature
The advantages of YAZIO PRO are undeniable
– PRO is a useful extension of the free app
– With PRO, you will reach your goal twice as fast
– Nutritional plans for low carb, high protein, etc.
– Over 100 healthy and delicious recipes
– Smart and intelligent food rating
– More analysis including diet and body statistics
– Tracks other nutrients like sugar, fiber and salt
– Recognize foods with the most carbs or fat
– Shows progress over the previous 2.5 years
– Tracks body fat, blood pressure and blood sugar
– Measure your breast, waist and hip circumference
– Plan your diet and sports for the next days
– No more advertisements – who doesn’t love that?
– Supports our continuous improvement of YAZIO
You can buy PRO via in–app purchases within the app. YAZIO PRO is significantly cheaper than comparable Calorie Counter apps for diet and weight loss.
There are three different PRO subscriptions:
– 3 months (quarterly subscription)
– 6 months (semi-annual subscription)
– 1 year (annual subscription)
Do you want to help make the YAZIO Calorie Counter an even better nutritional & diet app? We always welcome your suggestions and feedback.
We always love surprising you with updates packed full of great new features and functions, but sometimes we think less is more. Fancy an update that simply keeps your app feeling fit and fantastic? You got it!
Ratings and Reviews
Great So Far
I’ve been using this app for a couple of weeks. Last time I counted calories was in the Fitbit app. This app is much nicer and more user friendly, in my opinion. The food database isn’t quite built yet but you have the option to submit a public entry for all to see; meaning the more people submit, the more the database builds. However, there are still pretty good amounts of foods there already. The only thing I find frustrating is that everything is measured by “OZ” (especially 1 OZ) or “G” and it would be nice to have more options such as “1 cup” or “1 bag” or “1 sandwich” that can be filed under the respective nutrition counts. Maybe I’m missing something? However, that is not enough to make me give up on YAZIO. I LOVE the Siri shortcuts that have been built in, and I use the “add water” shortcut daily. It makes the tedious efforts of the whole idea so much more convenient. I’m looking forward to sticking around and seeing how YAZIO develops.
Not ready for the iPhone X
I’ve used a few calorie counter apps before, and this one seemed good at first. However, there are a few options that are not user friendly. I have the free version so they may be better on the subscription version.
But, for one it’s hard to determine exactly where it is deriving the caloric limit from and it doesn’t automatically update with weight loss or gain, you must manually recalculate each time. Then, it doesn’t tell you the exact calories you have expended for the day (even wearing an Apple Watch), it just gives you a goal to burn each day based on information entered in to the bio.
I have yet to determine what the color of the circle for each day indicates since there is no explanation for that.
Also, I’ve yet to come across any of my foods that have the barcode information entered into their food database. A lot of the foods I'm scanning are common foods. It’s extremely time consuming and frustrating to have to enter all the information about every ingredient in each meal in manually. It also only gives a few options for serving sizes instead of multiple options. Most of the serving sizes on the packaging of my foods don’t even match up with one of the serving size options given.
Lastly, the app crashes on my iPhone X every time I try to search for a food. This is by far the most frustrating issue I’ve had with it. If it crashes every time I try to enter my food, how am I supposed to actually track my calories?
Developer Response ,
Due to a bug which we had in the iOS app, the barcode scanner didn't search for the correct barcode number. Therefore, no results were shown in this case. We've just fixed that with the version 4.8.4.
Sorry for the inconvenience!
We'd be glad if you try our app and the barcode scanner once again. :)
your YAZIO team
Good, but needs work with the food database
My main gripe with this app is that the food database makes things more difficult than they need to be.
It’s very small, and usually the entries that are there are just plain wrong. About a quarter of the time I just fill out my own entry, which only adds to the problem because now there’s another entry and unless people look up the nutrition info they don’t know which one is right.
Also you can’t change what the app considers a standard portion, it’s stuck at oz by default. For example, I recently added 7-Eleven’s Chicken Dippers to the database. The 7-Eleven website lists the portion as 1 piece at 70 calories, one piece being 24g. When I entered the food I set the standard portion as 24g and even set up another portion as 24g labeled “piece”. When I finished the entry the default portion is labeled as oz and defaults to 1oz, which is slightly more than one portion. You can still change it to 1 piece and have the correct info, but the default being wrong might confuse users.
Other than that the app is great. I don’t have problems with step counting like I do on other apps, and the UI is clean. I also appreciate not having to create an account, I’ll give it five stars because I believe the database problem is fixable. Although seeing reviews here with similar problems from a year ago doesn’t give me hope.
- YAZIO GmbH
- 69.8 MB
- Health & Fitness
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Turkish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © YAZIO GmbH
- In-App Purchases
- Annual Plan $22.49
- 12 months $44.99
- 3 months $22.49
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.