Yellow Cab of Iowa City is the easy yet powerful taxi app. It's safe, legal and FREE. Used by taxi riders like you, and built by a trusted taxi solutions company with almost 20 years of experience.
- The underlying NexTaxi engine works in over 50 U.S. & Canadian markets
- Gets you easy access to legit cabs - at home or away - in a couple of taps
- Order, track and pay for the closest cab in-app by card
- Your car comes from Yellow Cab of Iowa City, or a NexTaxi affiliated taxi company - no 'rogue driver' security risks
- Yellow Cab does NOT add fare mark-ups, premiums, fees, or forced gratuities - the fare comes from the meter
Yellow Cab of Iowa City is Easy, but powerful:
- Request your taxi by entering an address, moving a pin on a map, using your GPS location, grabbing an address from your 'contacts', or searching for a local "Point of Interest" like 'Pizza' or 'Hospital'
- Create a list of your 'favorite' trips for 'one touch' requests
- Watch your Taxi via GPS, as it approaches your location - no more waiting and wondering.
- Pay the fare securely and quickly
- Get a detailed receipt by email in seconds
- Easily retrieve valuables accidentally left in your taxi
added push notifications for better communication, in-app payment
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Too glitchy to get past 1st screen
I literally just installed this app, and it’s so glitchy that I instantly deleted it. I’ve never had to do that with an app before! When you open the app, it wants you to enter your name and some personal info in order to create a profile. However, the keypad that it brings up is not the normal iPhone keypad; it’s just a bunch of blank squares with no letters that function like a keypad. If you wanted to guess, you could probably select boxes through trial and error until you spelled out your info, but I figured if it was that ridiculously difficult to even create a profile, the rest of the app probably isn’t working either
Can’t enter required setup details
Upon starting the app, a typical setup screen appears asking for name, phone number, and email. However, with an iPhone (iOS) the keyboard that pops up doesn’t show up in the proper location and it doesn’t have any of the keys labeled. Someone in product testing should try the app before making it live in the store.
Maps are not working
I was able to put in my info, but when it takes you to the map and trip info, the built in Google map does not work. It is impossible to put in addresses and set up a ride.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Universal TranWare, LLC
- 13 MB
Requires iOS 8.5 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2015 Universal Tranware
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.