Welcome to the official Yen Press storefront where you can purchase digital copies of some of your favorite manga and graphic novels published by Yen Press!
Here you can find fan favorites and New York Times manga bestsellers like James Patterson’s MAXIMUM RIDE and DANIEL X, Svetlana Chmakova’s NIGHTSCHOOL, GOSSIP GIRL and more!
ABOUT YEN PRESS
Yen Press is the manga and graphic novel imprint of Hachette Book Group (HBG), a leading trade publisher based in New York and a division of Hachette Livre, the second-largest publisher in the world. HBG publishes under the divisions of Little, Brown and Company, Little, Brown Books for Young Readers, Grand Central Publishing, FaithWords, Center Street, Orbit, and Hachette Digital.
Minor Enhancements + Bug Fixes
Ratings and Reviews
Hope To See An Update Soon
I enjoy the manga Yen Press gets, but their app still has many improvements to go.
Things I would like to see:
1) Have a sort/search option available in the store portion to find a series. From what I can see and navigate within the app, the only search option is in your personal library. Otherwise, you will have to constantly scroll looking for a particular volume of a series. And the way they are listed I believe is from newest to oldest.
2) Please work on the app to make it run more smoothly. Still run into crashes every so often.
Slow downloads for Great Collection
I have mixed feelings about Yen's app. I love the collection of manga--I still think Yen's library has more variety than Viz. However, the app is incredibly slow. The load times slowed down ever since the upgrade to version 2.0. On top of this, the app cannot change its orientation. The layout looks ugly. Worst of all, each volume takes forever to download. I would have deleted this app if it didn't have Bamboo Blade, K-On and Fullmetal Alchemist in the library.
I sincerely hope that the developers make some massive improvements in the near future.
Worst manga reader on the iOS.
While I appreciate the nice selection of manga offered by yen press, it doesn't really matter when I'm unable to read any of them. The app crashes constantly, and is so slow on the few occasions it actually opens that it's basically unusable. I prefer to buy manga when possible to support the industry, but I will no longer do so with yen press as long as their app is in its current state. Seriously, go download viz media and dark horse comics as their apps actually work. Leave this one alone until they release a big patch to fix all their problems.
The developer, Hachette Book Group, Inc., has not provided details about its privacy practices and handling of data to Apple.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Hachette Book Group, Inc.
- 45.4 MB
- Requires iOS 6.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 6.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 6.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- 17+ Infrequent/Mild Simulated Gambling Frequent/Intense Cartoon or Fantasy Violence Frequent/Intense Horror/Fear Themes Frequent/Intense Mature/Suggestive Themes Frequent/Intense Profanity or Crude Humor Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- © 2010 Yen Press
- In-App Purchases
- Maximum Ride, Vol. 1 $8.99
- Maximum Ride, Vol. 2 $8.99
- Maximum Ride, Vol. 3 $8.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.