Read comic book archive (.cbr, .cbz, .cb7)
Convert comic book archive into PDF and EPUB format.
Copy a comic book to iOS device by AirDrop with converting into PDF and EPUB format in a time.
Create a comic book from PDF and scanned image files.
- Converting file formats
. PDF to comic book (.cbz, .zip)
. PDF to extracting image files
. PDF to EPUB
. comic book to PDF
. comic book to EPUB
. comic book to extracting image files
. directory contains image files to comic book (.cbz, .zip)
. directory contains image files to PDF
. directory contains image files to EPUB
- Support multiple nested archive file
- Support password protected archive file
- ICON Composer; Design your own icons from comic book that you are reading with various graphic effects and templates.
. Send comic book to iOS devices and other Mac via AirDrop
. One click converting and sending a comic book as PDF and EPUB to iOS devices
- Share current page as image with Mail, iMessage, AirDrop, Twitter, Facebook...
- Trackpad gestures : three (or two) fingers swiping for turning page, pinch for zooming
- Magic mouse gesture: swiping for turning page
- Support full screen mode
- Thumbnail page navigation
- Page Layout Mode: one page, two pages and split page modes (split a wide scanned image into two pages)
- Page Layout Direction: left to right and right to left direction
- Scaling: no-scaling, width-fit, height-fit and arbitrary scaling
- Image filters: sharpen, mono and color vibrance
- Open multiple comic books at a time
- Remember recent open file's last reading position
- Auto-reopen the files that open at last quit
- Supporting various comic book formats
.pdf .cbr .rar .cbz .zip .cb7 .7z .lzh .lha .zipx .sit .gz .gzip .tgz .bz2 .bz .bzip2
.tbz2 .tbz .xz .tar .z .lzma .ace .arj .arc .zoo .alz and folder contains image files
fix glitch displaying pdf file
Ratings and Reviews
Finally found comic reader app for Mac user
Very smooth scroll, works with both magic tracker and a mouse and even arrow keys, especially night mode. Surprisingly it saves comic pages unread for later after closing and it even can do a collection of comics you keep reading. Glad it stays updated. Don't go look for other app aren't perfect than this, worth your money!
Great Comic reader!
This reader is inexpensive which drew me to it; It has the ability to convert, however, it’s missing the ability to convert to MOBI; I’d pay more for it to convert to a kindle format.
For those who aren’t looking for the conversion function I would still highly recommend this app for the price and function. The Icon Composer function is also a great feature for anyone who is trying to build a collection.
Features I would like to see are batch conversions and a GUI for accessing comic collections.
Batch conversions would simplify the conversion process fo collections. As it is now we need to load each comic to convert it which can cause the reader to crash if you’re attempting to convert more than one comic at a time.
Updated GUI would make the app more aesthetically pleasing to use. I’m personally not paying for that feature with this app, but I know there are users who would like that touch.
Only one complaint
The Yet Comic Reader does one thing and does it well.
I’d like to add that earlier review mentioned an issue with an excessively large cache. The dev promptly fixed it. I appreciate dedication to the product and the users. Well done!
Developer Response ,
This problem is fixed with new version 1.6.4; This glitch was caused by some behavior changes in macOS API. sorry for the inconvenience, Please update Yet Comic Reader and delete ~/Library/Caches/YetComicReaderCaches folder
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.